1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have recently be having some touchscreen issues with my Pre.

I was playing the Helicopter games trying to beat a high score that my friend set on the device (1154 - which is darn difficult to beat), and my battery flashed up as 0%. I immediately went to a USB port and plugged in the Pre to get some juice in it.

Ever since then, the touchscreen has been a bit dodgy. Sometimes it works fine, but other times when I wake it from sleep, touching the screen results in a touich being registered in a random place on the screen - making it extremely difficult to get anything done on the phone - tapping the menu can result in opening the phone app etc.

Has anyone experienced this before?

I assume its software and something bad has happened when the battery ran low which triggered this - although I don't see how a low battery can have caused damage to the touchscreen driver, unless some system call has a bad memory leak which is causing havoc smewhere (This i doubt).

Anyone else had any similar problems?

Regards,
    Andrew
  2.    #2  
    Gonna have to hang my head in shame about this one...

I just gave the touchscreen a really good clean with a lint free cloth and it seems to be fixed...

Forget these things are capacitive these days - must have had something conductive on the screen.

Well at least I didn't doctor it!

Regards,
    Andrew