Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not to worry, I'm sure with Palm's next update, they'll figure out a way to slooooowwww it down, lol.
    The Saint
    I hope it lasts until Tuesday...

The behavior you describe seems impossible. Does anyone have 2 minute boot up time on their Pre, even with the 800mhz kernel? That right there is enough to make me wonder...
    Film at 8:00?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Weird question, but what's your webOS version? I doubt that this happened, but maybe you somehow got something new pushed to you that installed in the background... Because even when I was running the 800 Kernel (the one that booted at 800, not the newer ones) I didn't get boot tmes of two minutes.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    My boot time is over 5 minutes.
    plug it in and DO NOT TOUCH till tuesday.
    Even 2 minutes for a full boot is very fast. I would also like to see a vid of this in action. Have you installed the battery monitor app to get a better idea of the battery drain rates?

It seems too good to be true...but I am a skeptic.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    OK here is an update:

It is running really fast...and I think the restart was just a Luna Restart, because I restarted again and it took the usual 2 minutes but it still is running super fast.

Something that does have me worried: The battery is running out like super duper crazy fast.

It went from 90% to 67% in like 7 minutes. O_o

That lightbulb theory might not be too far off.

I dont have a camera on me (im visiting the familiy) other than my Pre's camera...which would be hard to film its own self with.

I will film it on tuesday granted its still fast.
    party foul. that's way too late.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I dont have a camera on me (im visiting the familiy) other than my Pre's camera...which would be hard to film its own self with.
    Two mirrors by my calculation. I still feel like what you have described is not really possible. I doubt it spontaneously overclocked itself so much that it became super speedy, and in the process, destroyed the battery. Maybe the entire time up until that point your phone was running ridiculously slowly, and something changed that made it run at a normal speed, thus causing you to perceive it to speed up significantly?
    I think it would be exceedingly difficult for the Pre to record itself while it was rebooting no matter how many mirrors you ended up using.
    Lol I tried that mirror trick.. maybe if I had magnifying mirrors.. oh you video yet?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    *waiting on video update*
    how about a video camera??? We are waiting for the film!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    So where's the video?
  15.    #35  
    Ok, Im sorry guys, but I have to apologize.

No video.

Sorry.

My Pre's battery was draining like CRAZY and the device was getting SUPER duper hot.

I got scared on sunday and Doctored it. :/

Its running like normal again.

I really don't know what happened. But I really didn't want my Pre to explode just to post a video to prove it or whatever.

So you guys can point and laugh and say it didn't happen I don't care, I just didn't want to wreak my baby.
    Ok, Im sorry guys, but I have to apologize.

No video.

Sorry.

My Pre's battery was draining like CRAZY and the device was getting SUPER duper hot.

I got scared on sunday and Doctored it. :/

Its running like normal again.

I really don't know what happened. But I really didn't want my Pre to explode just to post a video to prove it or whatever.

So you guys can point and laugh and say it didn't happen I don't care, I just didn't want to wreak my baby.
    you've just lost all credability.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    you've just lost all credability.
    I didn't realize I had any to begin with!

Oh no the nerds don't like me on PreCentral...
    I didn't realize I had any to begin with!

Oh no the nerds don't like me on PreCentral...
    I was hoping for video proof also but I love my Pre too, and I can't blame you for putting your phones' safety first.
    I guess we gotta just add this to the Pre X-Files!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I guess we gotta just add this to the Pre X-Files!
    I'd rather add this to the "troll and attention" folder. I was suspicious from the beginning.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    noooo, we were looking forward to a video of an exploding palm pre becoming the next viral sensation!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast