Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My "smartest phone" was a Palm Centro. I got a free upgrade to the Pre-Plus and all I can say is WOW!!! I love this thing! It really is a game changer and has, in a very short time (hours), changed the way I think about computing and data. It has it's little quirks and idiosyncrasies but every piece of high tech gear I own does and that is just part of the game.

This thing, however, is so smooth out of the box and so radically easy to use that I am amazed it hasn't become more of a market changer. Well done Palm and I just wish your marketeers were as good as your engineers.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I agree!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Welcome aboard!
    fantastic. Glad you like it and welcome to precentral
    just a wait a couple a months I love my pre but some times it gives me so much crappp :/
    It is a great smart phone. When the next pre generation comes out, it will be much better.
    If you think it is great now, wait til you see what you can do with homebrew and patches.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    enjoye your Pre..its an amazing bit of technology I (for one) can't live without.
    Welcome to Precentral, like you, when I first got my Pre last June I was amazed how simple and logical the OS was. Over the last 11 months the progression of the webOS has been great and with every update it gets better and better. Enjoy your new Pre!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    just a wait a couple a months I love my pre but some times it gives me so much crappp :/
    I've had my Pre since launch day and never did it give me trouble.

And to the OP, welcome to Precentral. Lots of good folks around. Enjoy.
    Welcome. You will be blown away at the well organized, rock solid stuff the homebrewers produce. Most software companies don't hold a candle to these guys. Seriously. And Palm isn't always trying to defeat homebrewers like Apple does.

Just buckle up for a few weeks/months of constant battery charging. WebOS is sooo addictive that you won't put down the phone for more than a few minutes. The constant playing, tweeking, etc will be hard on the battery, and on any job or relationships you have...

You should jump over to Radio Shack while they are closing out TOuch Stone chargers for $19.99 if you don't alerady have one. Another truly amazing invention.

Final caution... PreCentral forums are almost as addicting as the phone. Once you discover the PreCentral app, you will have a geometric increase in the need to play with your phone and spend hours on PreCentral...
    Also, check out this thread to see how people are expressing their love of Pre...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...gger-when.html
    Welcome to the fold. Wait until Palm enables the dedicated graphics chip for GUI effects and transitions (slated to happen "by fall"), at which point everything's going to zoom even more. Pretty exciting times
    "WOW" pretty much sums up my last 11 months with the Pre. Welcome and happy flicking.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My wife was laughing watching my 4 year old son take photos and move things around. He watches videos on it while we are driving (he loves octopus documentaries) and called Mom today. LOL. Not to sound like a fan boy but the battery only went down to 82% after hours of this kind of use/abuse so I am more than pleased with that aspect of the system. I'll give the homebrew stuff a try tonight.

PS. The touchstone was not acting satisfactorily (continual beeping). I removed the back cover and teased the Pre's battery clips out a very small amount, replaced the cover and that seems to have solved the problem, at least for now.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc14 View Post
    PS. The touchstone was not acting satisfactorily (continual beeping). I removed the back cover and teased the Pre's battery clips out a very small amount, replaced the cover and that seems to have solved the problem, at least for now.
    i just got my touchstone 2 days ago and noticed that when mine does the repeated 'charging alert'. it's because i haven't seated the pre on the touchstone properly. a slight reposition and all is well.
    Last edited by tsnum4; 05/08/2010 at 07:49 PM.
    I agree! I have had my Palm Pre for only 4 days now and I am IN LOVE! I have not put the darn thing down since I got it! Heck.... I even take it to bed at night and play around on the web with it! I have downloaded so many apps and patches I swear the
    thing can almost do dishes and laundry! he..he..

I love the Homebrew apps and patches, I cannot imagine ever going back to any other phone. My last phone was the clutch i465 and that is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen!

Have fun with your Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc14 View Post
    My "smartest phone" was a Palm Centro. I got a free upgrade to the Pre-Plus and all I can say is WOW!!! I love this thing! It really is a game changer and has, in a very short time (hours), changed the way I think about computing and data. It has it's little quirks and idiosyncrasies but every piece of high tech gear I own does and that is just part of the game.

This thing, however, is so smooth out of the box and so radically easy to use that I am amazed it hasn't become more of a market changer. Well done Palm and I just wish your marketeers were as good as your engineers.
    Have you tried the GPS yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Welcome. You will be blown away at the well organized, rock solid stuff the homebrewers produce. Most software companies don't hold a candle to these guys. Seriously. And Palm isn't always trying to defeat homebrewers like Apple does.

Just buckle up for a few weeks/months of constant battery charging. WebOS is sooo addictive that you won't put down the phone for more than a few minutes. The constant playing, tweeking, etc will be hard on the battery, and on any job or relationships you have...

You should jump over to Radio Shack while they are closing out TOuch Stone chargers for $19.99 if you don't alerady have one. Another truly amazing invention.

Final caution... PreCentral forums are almost as addicting as the phone. Once you discover the PreCentral app, you will have a geometric increase in the need to play with your phone and spend hours on PreCentral...
    i'm assuming you mean preware?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast