Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Congrats on your smart move (no pun intended)!

I came from a Centro, too, (though got my Pre on Launch Day, nerdy me, haha). Before I got my Pre, I thought I'd still use my Centro for some of the cool games I have on it (games the Pre doesn't have even still), but ever since I got my Pre, I have not picked up my Centro once! It is literally just collecting dust, the battery long, long dead. And I don't even care (sorry, Centro!).
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    i just got my touchstone 2 days ago and noticed that when mine does the repeated 'charging alert'. it's because i haven't seated the pre on the touchstone properly. a slight reposition and all is well.
    I tried the repositioning but it didn't help. The adjust of the pins plus letting the pre hover over the stone at 1/4" and letting the TS position it solved the problem. HP/Palm needs to fix this as it is making a wonderful technology, charging without opening the device to dirt and such, look bad. More curent to the TS would probably solve it.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marybee View Post
    I agree! I have had my Palm Pre for only 4 days now and I am IN LOVE! I have not put the darn thing down since I got it! Heck.... I even take it to bed at night and play around on the web with it! I have downloaded so many apps and patches I swear the
    thing can almost do dishes and laundry! he..he..

I love the Homebrew apps and patches, I cannot imagine ever going back to any other phone. My last phone was the clutch i465 and that is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen!

Have fun with your Pre!
    Started with the Homebrew today and it is way to addictive! LOL. Loaded the Preware app and am in 7th heaven for a geek. Preware makes it to easy. Wonderful thing that we can change the phone to suit our needs and preferences as we see fit. Great stuff.

Only downside is my four year old son wants to play with Dad's phone all the time now. He was not happy with the old man, today, when I said no, as I was expecting a business call. Speaks volumes for the product IMHO.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Have you tried the GPS yet?
    Yes but haven't delved deeply into it. Changed Google Maps to full screen with a patch and the location thing is awesome, especially the ability to tell the phone to ask first. Plan on more experiments this week but am open to suggestions on apps and uses!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i cant find the thread called 'how the pre changed your life' or sth like that

ive never been into all this social networking and cloud thing stuff until i got my pre.
    now im using twitter, i joined facebook, connected to my youtube account, synching my pc and pre over google calendar etc...
    i lost control over all that but it doesnt matter, my pre does the work for me. Amazing

cheers
    eric
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12