1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a way to import my iCal Calendar from my Mac to my Palm Pre Plus? Second, is there a way to import my contacts from address Book on Mac and save the integrity of my list? I have them broken down into categories like I did in the old Treo days. Thanks
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Well there are sync programs to do this for you automatically. I however just export the the iCal file and Google lets you upload and import the ical file for google calender.
    You can also import your contacts into Google, but there is no category support on the Pre.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    iCal supports CalDav, which allows you to seamlessly sync all of your iCalendars with Google Calendars.

Get Started with CalDAV - Google Calendar Help

Then you just sync your Pre with that Google account, and presto - all of your iCal events and calendars are on your Pre, synced wirelessly.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've always used Missing Sync from Mark/Space on my Mac since my Treo days. Because of this I got Missing Sync for Pre at a reduced price. Can't live without it :-)
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Guys. Unfortunately Google Cals gives me an error message when trying to import into it from iCal. It seems since I have alarms set up in iCal it won't import. Any ideas? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker007 View Post
    Thanks Guys. Unfortunately Google Cals gives me an error message when trying to import into it from iCal. It seems since I have alarms set up in iCal it won't import. Any ideas? Thanks
    Once you've setup caldav, using google as the syncing conduit between the Pre, Calendar and Google, you need to ensure your calendar events are input/assigned to the google account caldav has setup (ie not Work, Home, other).

In osx calendar, If you have events that are Work, Home, other, just drag the event onto the google account on the left pane and it will re-populate itself as an event owned by your google account....and thus will appear on your Pre and calendar.google.com.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    You can also import your contacts into Google, but there is no category support on the Pre.
    As an alternative you can create multiple calendars on Google, then use each calendar as a category.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    As an alternative you can create multiple calendars on Google, then use each calendar as a category.
    Yeah, but he's talking about contacts. Contacts have no category support.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    you can sync your address book with Google contacts in Snow Leopard, then sync Pre with Google. Works seamlessly for me with no extra software (or wires).
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yeah, but he's talking about contacts. Contacts have no category support.
    Oh right, misread that. I use Company field and Sort by Company as a workaround.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here