1.    #1  
    I was charging my Pre Plus and it suddenly went to a black screen showing a big battery in the middle of the screen w/ a lightning bolt symbol in the middle of it. Can't get it to go away. I've tried powering down, but that doesn't work. I took the battery out for a few minutes and put it back in, but when I turned on, it went right back to the same screen. Any help?????????
    pull the battery. That symbol is what you get when you plug in a xhqrger without a battery in the phone. Make sure the battery is in correct and tight. Then let the phone charge for a few minutes so the battery can stay ahead of the phone's power use.
  3.    #3  
    how will i know when i can power the phone back on?
    Should power itself on, otherwise 5 mins should do the trick.
  5.    #5  
    pulled the battery, put it back in and charged for a few minutes. tried to turn on, but the screen with the big battery and lightning bolt thingy wouldn't go away. pulled the charger and tried to power on, but a cord/plug symbol showed up on the screen. never seen any of this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    pulled the battery, put it back in and charged for a few minutes. tried to turn on, but the screen with the big battery and lightning bolt thingy wouldn't go away. pulled the charger and tried to power on, but a cord/plug symbol showed up on the screen. never seen any of this before.
    that means u didnt wait long enough. try waiting 10 min. leave the room go do something else, and when u come back try
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    is it not possible to just run the phone straight off the charger?
    no. do u absolutely NEED it this second? lol go watch tv or something haha
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Battery could be shorting out?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    Battery could be shorting out?
    Oh great...what does that mean???
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Oh great...what does that mean???
    It may mean your battery is not holding the proper voltage to power your phone, simply put battery is taking a dump.

If you had another battery you could pop it in and verify, if not you will need to see service people or find someone with a volt meter and see if it has proper voltage...3.7 volts is the spec I believe.
    just leave the battery on the charger and don't touch the phone. Let the battery charge to the point where the Pre turns itself back on.
    IF it hasn't charged by now, make sure you are charging via direct AC instead of USB.