Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So about every other call or so my pre will not ring when a call is coming in.. The screen will light up with the usual caller id and answer/ignore buttons, but it is frustrating because I will miss calls when I'm not always near or looking at the phone.. My settings are for phone to ring and vibrate for incoming calls and even with just one on or the other it still randomly doesn't ring.. No patterns with certain numbers either... Ideas?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Similar problem.
    You guys don't randomly flip the switch on top, do you?
    Similar problem...phone rings, but with no controls. BT still works, but end up not answering call till phone finishes and I can reset phone for usual service.

Pretty weird and not sure what's up. Either way, I'll check switch position next time it happens. Sorli...
    check your volume. I often turn it down on a call, and that turns the wringer down too.

also, if you leave the headset in, that changes how calls ring...
    Sometimes a call won't ever even come in, I'll just get the voicemail, hours after I was called. Also, if its just not ringing, and you know the sound is on, it probably means the speaker isn't working. Mine does that all the time. I have to smack it a couple times before it'll work again.
    vz has done that to me before with previous phones. Occaisionally happens to my wife's LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry
    I have to smack it a couple times before it'll work again.
    does anybody have the -"no alert during calls" patch installed? -- since 1.4 that patch will turn the volumn down on alerts when you recieve an incoming call then not return the volumes to their original level -- thus causing missed calls

if you are experiencing missed calls with only a voicemail to alert you that you missed it ergo nothing in your call log then that is probly a service problem -- like weak signal -- try moving to another area - kidding
    try updating your prl and make sure in the phone preferences that the network is set to automatic
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Done that, PRL and Automatic, but problem does relate to signal quality and instead relates to something in the software goin wonky.

Don't really, but heard much of these interface controls are run by webOS and Java (we don't have access to on our phones).

Thankfully it has only happened twice on my Pre. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure this is a but since 1.4.1 or at least 1.4.1.1. I have the same problems; random calls right to VM, no ringing on phone, but will ring via BT. I have youview/youmail for VM, so I know I've missed a call even without them leaving a VM. Youmail texts me - even if my phone was off!

I have been very diligent about monitoring volumes and know its not my settings or the ringer switch.

Ron
    I have had thisproblem and found from another thread a solution that worked for me. It seems that manually openng the phone app fixed this for me. The post that I read relatedthis problem with having downloaded a homebrew and needing to manualy open the phone app. All I know is since I have followed this advice after downloading something, I have not missed any calls or text messages.
    Similar problem.
    GMS pre with 1.4.1
    Yup ... I've got it too. Seems to be no pattern to it. I assumed it was a signal strength issue on one side or the other. Really annoying.
    Me too! On sprint. I get texts from youview several times a day that I missed a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    does anybody have the -"no alert during calls" patch installed? -- since 1.4 that patch will turn the volumn down on alerts when you recieve an incoming call then not return the volumes to their original level -- thus causing missed calls

if you are experiencing missed calls with only a voicemail to alert you that you missed it ergo nothing in your call log then that is probly a service problem -- like weak signal -- try moving to another area - kidding
    try updating your prl and make sure in the phone preferences that the network is set to automatic
    I just uninstalled that Patch. If that is the problem, I am going to be so happy! I've had this problem now for a few weeks to maybe a month or so, and could not figure out why my volume would turn itself all the way down on its own. It makes perfect sense with this patch. Others are saying the patch is not the problem, but I will find out soon and post it here and thank you of course if it works.

Also, did you know that when an alert does come through while on a call, the caller can hear the same alert sound that we do? What kind of craziness is that?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i have the missed call issue as well.. what i've noticed is that it happens after a full phone reset. if i reset my phone i have to open the phone app before i can receive calls. i've tested this many times. restart the phone. call multiple times. phone doesn't ring. open the phone app. call. walah, phones ringing again. this shouldn't happen. i'm afraid the sprint store is gonna just say "well, open the phone app when you restart your phone. problem solved." d0uches!
  18.    #18  
    Still having the issue here.. The other annoying thing is the clock lag meaning if I check my phone at say 1:55pm and then don't check it again until 2:30pm when I first slide open the phone it says 1:55pm then seconds later it displays the current time, but I find out that I missed 3 emails or 3 txts... Pain in the ****!!
    Same problem here... Phone never rings, never shows I missed a call all while in an area with solid signal.

I started a thread on this as well... it all started with 1.4

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...but-phone.html

I am now developing a problem with not getting SMS until I load the messaging app (has happened once or twice in the past but has gotten much worse)

So now I make it a habit to leave the phone app and messaging app open to try and prevent this from happening.

I am thinking about going back to my V950 (although that phone likes to send txt messages to random people!)
    I posted this here
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ing-calls.html but I tend to miss some threads when multiple threads appear on the same issues.

Main point is I'm trying to get log files from devices that are experiencing this issue and would like some additional information as well. What I would need is logs taken after you had this problem, exact time that problem happened, and what you have their ringtone set to in Sounds & Ringtones.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast