1.    #1  
    I had patches installed (one of which was the top bar megamix which gives you the ability to turn off 3G). I then had to run EPR to remove all patches cuz some weren't working. After EPR ran I went back to preware and began installing patches normally but anything involving toggling 3G did not install. So I checked my 3G and saw that it wouldn't show up anymore. I turned wifi off and everything but it still won't show up. I'm assuming I must have had 3G toggled off when I ran EPR. Please somebody help,what should I do? Shoud I run EPR again? Partial erase? Full erase? Should I dial ##data# and restore? I really do not want to doctor my phone. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by PhatTony718; 05/07/2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I had the same problem last month with my pre and ended up having to replace it... but do you overclock you pre?
    can't you go into the phone app, preferences, turn data on. That will knock 3g back on or is that option gone
    go into the phone and type ##3836# and select evdo only then save the settings then toggle it back to revA hybrid
  5.    #5  
    i never overclocked cuz i dont trust it
  6.    #6  
    yea i ran EPR so i cant toggle 3g
  7.    #7  
    im trying to do what you said with changing the evdo settings but it doesnt seem to work, i put evdo only and saved then put it back to hybrid revA and saved but it still wont show up
  8.    #8  
    i just went to my phone preferences and turned it back on and it didnt work until i went to ##EVDO# and did what you said djfu said, so a combo of wat you guys said (djfu3j3r and pip smith) worked! i thanked both of you, thanks again you guys saved me a lot of trouble!
    Not a problem, hate to see a fellow webOSer in trouble.
    Glad we got a solution.
    yeah for sure i do it all the time when im at work cuz evdo cuts in and out
    Wow - this is an old post -

With this help my problem of switching to 1x all the time ( good home signal coverage )???

What about in EVDO mode only - will it stop the constant dropping of 3g into 1x?

THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    Wow - this is an old post -

With this help my problem of switching to 1x all the time ( good home signal coverage )???

What about in EVDO mode only - will it stop the constant dropping of 3g into 1x?

THANKS!
    You do NOT, repeat, you do NOT want to be in EVDO only mode. It will halt your phone's ability to do lots of important things, like receive phone calls. You want hybrid revA or you could go 1x only, but that wouldn't exactly solve your speed issues.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have the same problem i used to get EV under hybrid revA but about a month ago i stoped getting it. I tried the steps that worked for PhatTony718 but didnt work on my pre. when i switch to EVDO only i get EV but as soon as i go back to hybrid revA i only get 1X. i have my data on on my preferences.

when i went out of town about two weeks ago i got EV under hybrid revA but as soon as i came back to where i live i only got 1x again so i dont think its the phone =( can anyone help me with this?