1.    #1  
    I've run across an odd problem and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution or has seen this in the past. I was looking through my text conversations and I found one that had thousands of entries going back, so far, at least 6 months. I tried deleting the entire conversation from the main text screen but, with the next text, the whole thread comes back. At this point I'm down to deleting each text one by one.

Is thee a better way to do this? Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there any way to set texts to be automatically deleted after a certain period of time?
    I had that problem a while back. I doctored for other reasons, and the problem disappeared. I think it must have been a patch or theme conflict. That was on 1.4.0

I haven't seen it sense, and I am on 1.4.1 now.
    I had the same problem. For me it was that I had the "hold to open conversation in new card" patch. As soon as I uninstalled it, that and a few other problems went away.
    The problem I always have, especially with larger threads, is that it IS deleting the texts, just very slowly. When I swipe it off screen, the thread disappears, and to me, that indicates it has been deleted. But if I'd reboot the phone shortly thereafter, the thread would be back upon reopening the messaging app. I also notice that I can't really use my messaging app until the thread is done deleting.

I removed one the other day that had over 6,000 messages in it. I couldn't send out another text message for 45 minutes!
    I had the same problem:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-how.html

So what I found is that it takes time for the messages to permanently delete. In my case, I would erase them repeatedly and they'd pop back up; but after a few days, they were gone.

So, if your experience is to be consistent with mine, after 3-4 days at most, the deleted messages won't pop back up again.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonso View Post
    I had the same problem:

So what I found is that it takes time for the messages to permanently delete. In my case, I would erase them repeatedly and they'd pop back up; but after a few days, they were gone.

So, if your experience is to be consistent with mine, after 3-4 days at most, the deleted messages won't pop back up again.
    Thanks for the info. So do you need to continue to delete the thread or do you delete it one time ignore it if it keeps popping up and in a few days it should be gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I had the same problem. For me it was that I had the "hold to open conversation in new card" patch. As soon as I uninstalled it, that and a few other problems went away.
    I had the same problem and deleting this patch fixed it for me. Thank you!