Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    So first off, I love the Pre but I've had some bad luck with it.

I bought one from Sprint when it first came out, had it for about 2-3 months and then dropped it into some water. I tried the whole alcohol bath, rice drying method, but nothing seemed to work. Of course I didn't have the insurance from Sprint (stupid me :'( ).

So it took me until last month to justify buying one off of ebay. When I got it, it was in way good condition so I was excited. Too bad it had a bad ESN and I couldn't activate it! Luckily I was able to return it and get my money back (seller even paid for return shipping!).

So last week I just bought another one on ebay. I checked the ESN this time and when I got it there were no problems activating it.

But for some reason every so often (usually once every few days, but twice today), when I try to use it after its been in my pocket or something when I hit the power button to access it, it won't do anything. So I try pushing it a little harder a few more times. Eventually it will come back on for a second and then it restarts Luna.

Anyone know why it would do that?
    I'd try taking it to the doctor first. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then it might just be a bad phone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Actually, I got a refurb from an insurance claim (cracked my previous screen) and I just recently started experiencing the same issue after months with no issues. (Actually the refurb was better than my original Pre) It started happening about two weeks ago. Wednesday I doctored it and reinstalled all the patches (with some new ones) and so far I haven't had an issue.
    There's been lots of people with power button issues that sound like your issue. It's a hardware thing. Search for power button and you'll find some solutions. Mine has the problem. I pulled off the power button off, put a very small wad of paper in, then put the button back on and it works. Read some posts about it before trying it.