Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I dropped my old Pre and cracked the screen. So insurance sent me a refurb. But when I activated the refurb Pre, my contacts list mysteriously dropped from 270 contacts to 30! Whole chunks of the alphabet were missing. They're still in my Google contacts online though.

But when texting, I noticed all my contacts are there! They don't show up under contacts or phone contacts, but in texting mode they're all available. What the.....?

I tried a manual sync but that didn't fix anything.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get all the contacts back into the right places?
    I have seen a thread on this in the last few days, just cant remember the name of it. something along the lines of, you have to go to your palm account and redownload your contacts again, but am not 100%, hopfully somebody can give a better answer. But it is worth searching for those other threads.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I have seen a thread on this in the last few days, just cant remember the name of it. something along the lines of, you have to go to your palm account and redownload your contacts again, but am not 100%, hopfully somebody can give a better answer. But it is worth searching for those other threads.
    I think you might be thinking of this thread which is a little different:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-contacts.html

They were having a problem with Google contacts. I'm obviously not having a problem with Google contacts, I'm having an internal problem where I'm not matching up properly. My phone book and contacts list don't match with my texting contacts.
    I would remove all of the Google accounts (email account, messaging account, calendar, etc). Double check and make sure they're all gone. Then add them back starting with the Calendar account. Then check the email account (it will probably be there), then the messging (same thing).
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    OK, this is really weird but it all worked out.

I have no idea what happened because I didn't do anything. But suddenly all my contacts are now fine.

For the last 3 days I've been missing most of my contacts except in texting mode. Suddenly they are all there as of 2 minutes ago.

It all worked out although I have no idea how it happened.

Thanks for the tips pip and parson, but I didn't get the chance to do anything before it fixed itself.
    Synergy FTW??