Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Hello, all..

I just a have a couple of questions about my new Pre..

1. Is there a way to keep Synergy from syncing all of my Facebook friends into Contacts?

2. Does the dialer support one-touch-dialing?

Thank you any help or answers you can give,
    Kel
    1. Go to the contacts app, tap top left corner where it says contacts, preferences and accounts ,click on the facebook account and click the remove account.

2.Not 100% sure if this is what you mean but try one of these 3 things.
    Click on a contact in the contacts app,again tap the top left corner, in the drop down menu select add to launcher, this person will then be on your launcher.

or get used to universal search, minimise all your cards, open the keyboard and start typing the persons name, their number will pop up and you can select that to ring.

alternatively you can try one of the speed dial apps, search speed dial, or teal speed in the app catalogue, there is a few of them.
    You can also set a speed dial for a contact, which works either by pressing the key on the physical keyboard or tap-holding the number on the phone app keypad.

Go to a contact, select Set Speed Dial from the menu, and go from there.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I appreciate the help.. deleting that Facebook profile helped immensely. I guess Synergy is just more powerful that I realized.

I also appreciate the help with the one-touch dialing. Works great.

Off to enter my contacts and make the phone my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldog View Post
    I appreciate the help.. deleting that Facebook profile helped immensely. I guess Synergy is just more powerful that I realized.

I also appreciate the help with the one-touch dialing. Works great.

Off to enter my contacts and make the phone my own.
    Highly recommend that you use/get a gmail account and synergistically link-up with it. Thant way you have a secnoday location/way to access/edit/add/remove contacts. I beilieve Gmail contacts supports all the popular import/export contact formats.

BTW...no, the pre doesn't support goup contacts that you may have set-up in Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Highly recommend that you use/get a gmail account and synergistically link-up with it. Thant way you have a secnoday location/way to access/edit/add/remove contacts. I beilieve Gmail contacts supports all the popular import/export contact formats.

BTW...no, the pre doesn't support goup contacts that you may have set-up in Gmail.
    Personally, I recommend against gmail because they index everything and have demonstrated a tendancy to mistreat information. Just google "google privacy concerns" and you will see some of what I need.

Several universities have stopped using gmail for reasons of security/privacy in the last few days...

IMHO
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I'm already there with the gmail account.. webmail, calendar, ect..

I continue to be impressed with this little device.