1.    #1  
    So I abandoned the forum for a while. I was checking here and there but I stopped reading alot because the negativity and bashing of the pre was killing me. I am a mac user but have decided to dedicate myself to the Webos for cell phones because well I do think the software is the best. Even though I agree the hardware isn't the best I'm hoping hp with solve that problem. Well..... checked back today and everyone seems to be better minus those pesky trolls that are always drinking under the bridge.

Anyway I'm still reading a lot about oreo and my pre + was getting that. However I noticed after I got a case for my phone my oreo is now non-existent. Did anyone else notice that? Those of you with oreo problem are you using a case?
    Please tell us what case you use. I am a new Pre user and although it is not bad yet, I can sense the oreo effect a little and do not yet have a case (I don't really like them actually but want to protect the phone).
    Yes.

The Seidio Innocase not only tightens up the slider on my Pre, it also adds just enough of a rubbery bulk to the device to make it feel rugged. I swear by the Innocase.
    Does a case solve your oreo problem?
    It does when it's in the case.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    From personal experience, no. I had a case for awhile and then when I dropped my Pre and the case cracked (and saved my Pre!), my Pre is now naked. I've had it like this for 4 months and no oreo effect.

Though I'd get one to save it from being damaged via a drop - not the oreo effect. Speak of the devil, I dropped my Pre twice in 1 hour after not dropping I had it and wouldn't you know, now I have a hairline crack on the side where i dropped it. Urgh!
    I got the cover from Verizon. It's not the prettiest case but it works well. Also has an opening in the back for the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    So I abandoned the forum for a while. I was checking here and there but I stopped reading alot because the negativity and bashing of the pre was killing me. I am a mac user but have decided to dedicate myself to the Webos for cell phones because well I do think the software is the best. Even though I agree the hardware isn't the best I'm hoping hp with solve that problem. Well..... checked back today and everyone seems to be better minus those pesky trolls that are always drinking under the bridge.

Anyway I'm still reading a lot about oreo and my pre + was getting that. However I noticed after I got a case for my phone my oreo is now non-existent. Did anyone else notice that? Those of you with oreo problem are you using a case?
    The Sprint hard case for the Pre totally removes oreo. I use it eveyday when I'm out of the house. The Sprint case has an indented area for use with the TS, Verizon has the same case with the indented area totally cut out. This case is very easy to attach and remove as it attatches to itself around the phone.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    Yes.

The Seidio Innocase not only tightens up the slider on my Pre, it also adds just enough of a rubbery bulk to the device to make it feel rugged. I swear by the Innocase.

Have gone through 2 of these while they are good, the pins/clips that hold them on to the phone have a habit of breaking all the time.

Then you have to go through the exchange process which takes time etc etc etc
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    the original pre leather slip case is great. well, its just for carrying and u have to get it out to use but it protects the pre's parts from moving while carrying.
    definitely worth the 20 bucks (here in germany).
    i'm not a fan of protective covers
    I have the one from sprint and it works great. Have no issues with Oreo and the slider is firm with this case.
    it fixes it a little.
    I have a plastic snap on case I purchased at the Sprint store (husband who is on Verizon with Pre + bought his there too) and I have no oreo effect with it at all. I have very little with my phone at all anyway (husband has no oreo effect).

I want the amethyst Seidio (sp) one though. (when I get rich)
    I went threw 3 seido cases,,they break. I now use the case with the ts cutout in back. Not only does it allow the ts to work as good as it possible can(the cut out is in exact sweet spot) but it has it's own slider,it snaps to itself and not the phone,,so no tabs to break. It's own slider makes it impossible for any oreo and makes this phone rock soild.
    the sprint case is too tight on my phone, i believe it's because of the screen protector. I noticed that whenever i opened the slider, the screen would have a "wavy" effect on the sides like when you push too hard on an LCD screen. that can't be good for a phone...
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    One of the ways to decrease the oreo effect is by gently pushing the the pre together (like a sandwich). Your case could be doing this for you.

When I was using a case I saw 0 oreo (launch pre). When I accidentally left it somewhere I started getting the oreo about a week later. All I used was the case the Pre shipped with. I got use the the oreo (mostly because it hasn't gotten any worse) and using a slip case just adds a step that I now find annoying. I prefer keeping it in my pocket so most clippy cases are not going to work for me.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  16.    #17  
    I just went and bought some case for like a buck from amazon. It works well and if it breaks I ordered 10 so I have some back ups for the price spent on 1 @ best buy