1.    #1  
    Hello all. Just got a plam pre yesterday. I do have a question that I hope someone can help me with. When I got home I was looking through my contacts and noticed that many were dupplicated and there were about 30 I didnt even recognize (Email Adresses). I did try to research before asking and think I understand about moving the contacts from my old phone and then the profile issue could have caused the duplicates.

My question is, could it be a used phone that was returned and did not get reset as there are many emails in there I have never seen and it will not let me erase them. It says cant erase profile or something like that.

Thanks for any help!
    Quote Originally Posted by btgile View Post
    Hello all. Just got a plam pre yesterday. I do have a question that I hope someone can help me with. When I got home I was looking through my contacts and noticed that many were dupplicated and there were about 30 I didnt even recognize (Email Adresses). I did try to research before asking and think I understand about moving the contacts from my old phone and then the profile issue could have caused the duplicates.

My question is, could it be a used phone that was returned and did not get reset as there are many emails in there I have never seen and it will not let me erase them. It says cant erase profile or something like that.

Thanks for any help!
    You can do a partial erase from the device info icon, reset options button and it will remove your profile and allow you to restore it.

If there are somehow contacts on the phone that don't belong, they will go away, but if however they are part of your profile, they will come back.
    It could be from linking up to gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    It could be from linking up to gmail.
    Or facebook... I installed the facebook app a long time ago and it syned everybody on my facebook to my phone... I was not happy. It didn't allow me any option to not do this or to selectively do it either.

Had to remove that profile to get rid of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Or facebook... I installed the facebook app a long time ago and it syned everybody on my facebook to my phone... I was not happy. It didn't allow me any option to not do this or to selectively do it either.

Had to remove that profile to get rid of them all.
    Yep, start by removing any link/sync to facebook. You never know what e-mail people associate with their facebook profile, and synergy just sucks in whatever is in their profile. Same with gmail, etc. You don't get local control over contacts from cloud services.

Also, duplicates may just mean you have them listed in multiple places (they are your FB friend, and LinkedIn, and gmail, etc)

If you see each as the same person (each one will have an indicator as to where it came from as part of the contact) you can manually link them...

That helps make sense out of people you have listed in multiple services.
    Quote Originally Posted by btgile View Post
    Do you understand about having different "accounts" for Contacts, and which is your "default" account? What accounts to you have defined? How did any contacts get on your phone?

To all new Pre owners, I highly recommend using Google to manage your Contacts and Calendar (unless you have some other specific preference). Very easy to sync and maintain access to your data. Using Palm Profile makes things much more difficult.