Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, just over 24 hours ago I made THIS post (it was a dedicated post but merged with a larger thread), saying goodbye to you (and the Pre) for now.

I had just exchanged the Pre in for the Blackberry Curve. As some of you had predicted (though I don't think anyone predicted it would be this fast), I AM GOING BACK TO THE PRE!

After having some time to use the BB, I can honestly say I would rather take my Pre back to the Sprint store (for the hardware related issues) once a month than keep this POS Blackberry! OMG - the BB is a dinosaur, hideous and its OS is just plain UGLY. How they have the market share they do is beyond me!

The only possible hitch is that the Sprint store told me when I exchanged the Pre for the BB, that even though I was still within my 30 day window, I would NOT be able to switch back to the Pre as they only allow one exchange during the 30 day period. However, I just got off the phone with an extremely helpful Sprint Rep. who spoke with her supervisor and they both agree that I should be able to exchange the BB for the Pre and documented their computer system accordingly... We'll see what happens tomorrow morning. I will post back and let you know how I made out.

Lord I hope they let me return this Godforsaken BB phone.

It's good to be (almost) home!
    hqve a pre and a curve (curve forced on me by employer) and I could have told you the curve is a waste of plastic...
    well, welcome home!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I wouldn't get used to these types of threads as the Evo will probably completely sway Sprint Pre owners, especially those who waited in line for it on the first day expecting dome of the best to come out.
    we knew you'd be back...they ALWAYS come back
    Last edited by notalexrz; 05/07/2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: oops
    LOL... welcome back. Ignore the 'Evo' comments - they are a dime a dozen and made by users who are moved by the slightest breeze. Doesn't take long with a BB to realize how they've fallen behind compared to advancements like WebOS!
    Welcome back!
    YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!!

Palm Pre
    Bell Mobility

Patches: 4x4Iconsv1, Add Date MM/DD,Default to Month View, Device Warning Temperatures, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Glass Effect, More Reminder Times, SMS to Two Seconds, Unhide Dev Mode, Unthrottle Download Manager
    Other than for business I can't see the appeal for the Blackberries, they all look alike with small screens and a antiquated OS which I find ugly.
    I told u so... Next time don't stay gone so long
    my boss has a BB and he loves it until that is I showed him my pre and when at&t puts out there pre he will be in line waiting for one
    No No we don't want you back you big trader lol. I got a blackberry 9700 and I hardly pick it up. The web on the blackberry is just slowwwwwwwww but I do love the keyboard and keycaps
    That was quick?! Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Have to agree with you. My wife has a Blackberry Curve, and since I'm the "phone geek" I'm the one setting stuff up for her. No comparison with the Pre, the BB is an excercise in frustration.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    especially those who waited in line for it on the first day expecting dome of the best to come out.

If you are going to complain about having a first adopter phone, DO NOT be a first adopter.

Being a first adopter comes with a price. You get to have to gadgets first, faster then anyone else and do not have to wait, but sometimes things do not work as you expect them to. Do forget you are an first adopter!!

ps this is not directed at Kedar (Just used his quote)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL... welcome back. Ignore the 'Evo' comments - they are a dime a dozen and made by users who are moved by the slightest breeze.
    I hate to admit I'm one of those I'm going to really have to resist the call of something new and shiny (Evo) this summer. WebOS and the Homebrew community still make a compelling case for keeping my Pre, so if anything, it'll get passed on to my wife.
    I was *gone* for about 8 months myself. I just couldn't get sprint to work in my home and wasn't going to argue getting their airwave...

when it happen to come out for verizon, I was intrigued, but the cost of plans were horrible... Fast forward to now. I was able to pick up a Pre Plus for $99 (one year contract only), free mobile hot spot (huge for me) plus I discovered that I can get a 13% discount through my employer... It takes the edge off the plan costs. I'm happy to be back.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    This is more like going for a long walk than running away from home.
    I wouldn't get used to these types of threads as the Evo will probably completely sway Sprint Pre owners, especially those who waited in line for it on the first day expecting dome of the best to come out.
    LOL not this Sprint Pre owner. I've had mine since launch day and I will hold on to it for another year if I have to wait that long for a new Palm device on Sprint. I'm still overjoyed with webOS.. switching to another mobile OS (especially Android) is the furthest thing from my mind.
    dont get me wrong i would love to play with the EVO,,,,,but just play not have,,,,,,i hate the OS android ,,,,,,,now if we could just get the WEBOS in that hardware,,,,i could die happy,,,,,,,lol
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    After having some time to use the BB, I can honestly say I would rather take my Pre back to the Sprint store (for the hardware related issues) once a month than keep this POS Blackberry!
    I found that the third time is the charm. My first Pre lasted 1 week - major oreo problem. My second lasted two weeks - screen stopped working. My third has been running smoothly as can be for almost 8 months now, no software or hardware issues. I'm glad I stuck with it.

Hopefully you get a decent build this time round. Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Not me. Happy to stick with my Pre. For all its great specs the EVO still doesn't can't get a full 24-bit screen. I'm sorry but having to dither images to avoid image banding is simply a deal breaker - even more so when its HTC obviously put top notch hardware features elsewhere into the device.
    Last edited by solarus; 05/07/2010 at 09:28 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast