Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, this is the other thread with a bunch of people having the same problem:

h**p://forums.precentral.net/webos-apps-software/239759-universal-search-not-working-not-showing-apps-contacts-5.html

Sorry, my post count isn't high enough to post links...Please replace ** with "tt". Thanks
    So the Universal Search problem only happens to people who had a previous overclocking solution installed, does not happen to people who have only ever used the Uber-Kernel, and is not repeatable when the phone is wiped with the webOS Doctor and then the Uber-Kernel is installed.

That pretty much narrows down the problem to the uninstallation of the previous overclocking solution ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I really don't know how to respond to a statement like this.

What are your expectations of action from someone reading your post?

-- Rod
    Hoping that someone else will chime in with another stupid response so they can have a little b*tch party together. Pretty typical troll behavior.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  4.    #24  
    JojoSteez, you are having the exact same problem as I did. Good to know the problem has been narrowed down to the original 800 MHz patch. Now the question is exactly what the issue is with the 800 MHz patch that caused the problem. It could be that during the removal of the patch, a bit of code was corrupted that caused US to malfunction. Unfortunately, I did not check US before trying to install UK afterward, so I don't know if the removal itself caused the problem or if US was broken when UK was installed over the corrupted code that the 800 MHz patch left behind. Also, since there were patches applied to both my and my wife's phone, I don't know if the 800 MHz patch itself was the cause, or if it was a combination of it with the other patches. I did run EPR on her phone last night and had no positive effect.
    JojoSteez, did you install the 800 MHz before or after the 1.4.1 update? If before, did you uninstall it before you installed the update? I did not uninstall because I wanted to see what would happen, and when there wasn't a problem I thought all was good. This may be another possible reason why the 800 MHz patch removal breaks US.
    rwhitby, I haven't dr'd her phone yet. Is there a report I can run off her phone that would give you an idea of where the problem might be?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Does the Universal Search problem happen only to people who had a previous overclocking solution installed, and then upgraded from webOS 1.4.0 to webOS 1.4.1, and then uninstalled the previous overclocking solution?

If so, it is possible that the webOS 1.4.0 version of LunaSysMgr has been restored by the previous overclocking solution uninstall script, because it was not AUPT-complaint and did not realise that the file it was restoring had been changed by a webOS update ...

Time to start looking at md5sums of the LunaSysMgr files on devices that are experiencing this problem.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Does the Universal Search problem happen only to people who had a previous overclocking solution installed, and then upgraded from webOS 1.4.0 to webOS 1.4.1, and then uninstalled the previous overclocking solution?

If so, it is possible that the webOS 1.4.0 version of LunaSysMgr has been restored by the previous overclocking solution uninstall script, because it was not AUPT-complaint and did not realise that the file it was restoring had been changed by a webOS update ...

Time to start looking at md5sums of the LunaSysMgr files on devices that are experiencing this problem.

-- Rod
    I can investigate these files on my wife's phone and let you now what I find out. Won't be until later tonight. What steps do I need to take to get you the information you need?

Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I can investigate these files on my wife's phone and let you now what I find out. Won't be until later tonight. What steps do I need to take to get you the information you need?
    md5sum /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr

-- Rod
  8.    #28  
    I'm going to run some tests on my phone. Dr it back to 1.4, install 800 MHz, update, etc....Need to answer a couple of those questions.

9.    #29  
    Doctored my phone to 1.4.1, installed the 800 MHz patch, no other patches applied. Uninstalled 800 MHz patch and installed UK and Govnah. US still working. Next, doctored my phone to 1.4.1, installed all previous patches before installing 800 MHz patch, and then repeated above procedure. US still working.
    That leaves the problem as installing the 800 MHz patch with 1.4, then failing to uninstall the patch before the update. Although the patch still worked after the update, something occurred with the patch where, when it was uninstalled after the update, US was disabled. I haven't tested this, since I don't have the 1.4 version of the doctor, but I'm pretty sure that is the culprit. Either way, I hope this helps some people. The only cure is to doctor, and then install UK and Govnah, which I did. No enjoying this phone more than ever before. Thanks again for all you do Rod. Have a great weekend all!

I can confirm that I experienced the same problem with universal search after upgrading from 1.4 to 1.4.1 without removing the overclock patch. Thank you for the very systematic analysis Morrison
  11.    #31  
    No problem. The phone works fine after doctoring, and I don't mind a visit once in a while. And UK and Govnah work terrific. These patches really do make for a whole new user experience. Keep up the good work devs!

I lost the US after having the update push through with the 800mhz patch installed and then I uninstalled that patch to make way for the Uber Kernal and Govnah. I doctored my phone and reinstalled that uber kernal and govnah and US is back!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12