Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Has anyone had the issue with the Pre (sprint) saying that it is charging and you get the lightening bolt but it doesn't charge?

Happened to me today, plugged it in and it said charging and the lightening bolt showed up was using it a speaker phone while plugged into the AC charger and it died on me.

Any thoughts?
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rombo View Post
    Has anyone had the issue with the Pre (sprint) saying that it is charging and you get the lightening bolt but it doesn't charge?

Happened to me today, plugged it in and it said charging and the lightening bolt showed up was using it a speaker phone while plugged into the AC charger and it died on me.

Any thoughts?
    lmao. yeah something similar has happened to me. i was plugged it in and my battery was charging but then it never reached 100 but only got to about 96% and started going down from there. i didnt understand it. but i believe it was due to the patch i had: actual battery percent...
    do you have any battery patches?
    if you are using the device there is going to be pull on the battery. i usually just turn off the screen and let it sit and that does the trick
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikem07 View Post
    lmao. yeah something similar has happened to me. i was plugged it in and my battery was charging but then it never reached 100 but only got to about 96% and started going down from there. i didnt understand it. but i believe it was due to the patch i had: actual battery percent...
    do you have any battery patches?
    No, I don't have any patches just the latest Web OS.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    if you are using the device there is going to be pull on the battery. i usually just turn off the screen and let it sit and that does the trick
    I have done this numerous times before without an issue. Using it just as a phone when plugged into the charger shouldn't drain it. The problem is that it wasn't charging.
    depending on what you signal level is it may drain it... i can try some tests out tonight

Also, what what your battery level at when you plugged it in?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    depending on what you signal level is it may drain it... i can try some tests out tonight

Also, what what your battery level at when you plugged it in?
    Battery level has been anywhere from 25% to 80%.
    It is always plugged into the charger and placed in the same location.

Before I have noticed that I plugged it into the charger and the lightening bolt is on on the side of the battery and the next day it hasn't charged at all.
    This has happened to me a couple of times. I ended up having to turn it off and pull the battery. Once I did this the battery started moving the right way again.
    Try a different charger. I noticed this happens when I try using a rechargable battery pack to recharge my phone. It will say its charging but never actually go up. My thought would be perhaps your charger is giving inconsistent voltage.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    Try a different charger. I noticed this happens when I try using a rechargable battery pack to recharge my phone. It will say its charging but never actually go up. My thought would be perhaps your charger is giving inconsistent voltage.
    I would think so to but it has happened using the car charger as well.
    this happnened to me using a car charger once..the problem was that the charger didin't charge strong enough...i mean..it charged enough to light the lighbolt, but not strong enough to put an actual charge...so the pre wasn't at fault, it was the chargr