1.    #1  
    5 out of 5 of my calls are dropped. I'm so upset with my phone, I'm about to list it on ebay and go back to the pearl. I need to roam bc there isn't very good verizon coverage here. All my other verizon phones had no prob roaming. The pre will not roam, even when I install the "roam only" patch. If I can't find a solution from you all then I'm going to have to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by linkboom View Post
    5 out of 5 of my calls are dropped. I'm so upset with my phone, I'm about to list it on ebay and go back to the pearl. I need to roam bc there isn't very good verizon coverage here. All my other verizon phones had no prob roaming. The pre will not roam, even when I install the "roam only" patch. If I can't find a solution from you all then I'm going to have to sell.
    So you bought a new phone, your first five calls are dropped.
    You are not under 30 days like the rest of America?
    Or your a troll?
  3.    #3  
    Don't be a smart a**. I'm on my second pre in the last 34 days. I am 4 days past my 30 days. ALL my calls are dropped. I've not made one call and been able to complete it. Now how about some help instead of rudeness? Or how about don't respond at all!
    I don't understand ... you've put up with EVERY call being dropped for a whole month, and NOW you're upset about it?

I've been a Pre owner almost since day 1, and very active on this board, and never heard of anything like this before. What does you phone company (Verizon, yes?) say?
    Try switching to Sprint, I hardly ever have a dropped call...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Did you go into your phone's preferences and set voice network to automatic instead of just Verizon? Have you updated your preferred roaming list in your phone's preferences?

Just a few thoughts...
    It might have been helpful to post the details you included in another post that you live in the middle of a cornfield:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2417274
    Don't be a smart a**. I'm on my second pre in the last 34 days. I am 4 days past my 30 days. ALL my calls are dropped. I've not made one call and been able to complete it. Now how about some help instead of rudeness? Or how about don't respond at all!
    I know you won't find this of much help either, but why did you wait until the 30 days were almost up before getting a replacement?

Were I in your shoes, I'd forget about eBay. I'd call Verizon and tell them you thought it was an issue with that particular phone, and now you see it is not, and demand credit towareds another phone.

Personally though, I have to say, your claim that 100% of your calls have been dropped sounds like an exaggeration. I can't imagine anyone putting up with that for 29 days before doing something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    It might have been helpful to post the details you included in another post that you live in the middle of a cornfield:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2417274
    Yes, amend my previous statement. Middle of a cornfield, 8 miles from the nearest tower DOES make a difference.

I don't know what type of internet connect you have, or if you even have any, but if you do have reliable internet coverage, you might check with Verizons "femtocell" device. Sprint users had a decent degree of succes with a similar problem by using an Airave.