1.    #1  
    anyone have a good tut on how to install? And what is the benifts between the 800 ipk kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    anyone have a good tut on how to install? And what is the benifts between the 800 ipk kernel.
    No tutorial needed. Use Preware to DL Uber AND Govnah

Bang. Done.

Launch Govnah and select the Min / Max speed you want.

There are a couple of other settings you can mess with. But, there is nothing else to do but install them like any other "app" and adjust settings in Govnah.

800 kernel is 800 at all times. Uber adjust the speed in accordance to how you want. Slow when not being used / Fast when being used.
  3.    #3  
    Does the uber patch with the govnah stay set after a reboot or do you have to reset each time? Plus don't I have to add the feeds into preware?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    all this in the official thread. Didn't need another on this topic. Better if it's allin one place...

nowm the reason to move off 'the original' to uerkernel is that the 'oriinal' kernel was based on 1.4 which is suspected of creating keyboard issues.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I know with CPU Scaler Ultimate you can make the settings stick after reboot. I personally don't really see the point to this. Sadly, the only time my phone reboots is when it crashes, or when I get the "too many open cards" with no apps running. If your phone reboots due to a crash then why would you want the settings that potentially caused it to crash to stick? Takes what, 3 taps to get the settings back to where you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    all this in the official thread. Didn't need another on this topic. Better if it's allin one place...

nowm the reason to move off 'the original' to uerkernel is that the 'oriinal' kernel was based on 1.4 which is suspected of creating keyboard issues.
    guess that means ive had keyboard issues since it came out then right ?! no, thats only true for verizon users and not all of them as far as i know
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Although I give the developers credit for the hard work, I uninstalled it and reinstalled the SPK, I like the SPK much better.
    SPK is better, but it causes the return of the double character issues on the Verizon Pre Plus.
  9. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Super prescaler ultimate can make the settings stick in the SuperPreKernal because the kernal allows it.

it cannot nake the settings stick in UberKernal because that kernal does not allow it.
    I cleaned off my phone and am reinstalling stuff. I had already done the preliminary stuff with the test feed, before, but, after un-installing Uberkernel I cannot find it again. I have been searching Uber with no luck!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I cleaned off my phone and am reinstalling stuff. I had already done the preliminary stuff with the test feed, before, but, after un-installing Uberkernel I cannot find it again. I have been searching Uber with no luck!
    Make sure to update your feeds. I think it's under other
    uber kernel was uber easy to install. Just follow the directions in the big thread. Works like a charm. Remember, the feeds are not the normal ones. You have to set up the test feeds.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    uber kernel was uber easy to install. Just follow the directions in the big thread. Works like a charm. Remember, the feeds are not the normal ones. You have to set up the test feeds.
    Thanks, I had it before and removed it to clean up my phone, thinking I could just re-install. So, it should be there, but I'm not seeing it.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Super prescaler ultimate can make the settings stick in the SuperPreKernal because the kernal allows it.

it cannot nake the settings stick in UberKernal because that kernal does not allow it.
    The kernel allows it, but the Govnah app is not going to support it until we can make sure that it can safely prevent reboot loops if your device cannot handle the overclocking parameters you have chosen (not all devices can).

CPU Scaler Ultimate can also be used to make the settings stick for UberKernel.

Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    Make sure you're using the latest Preware to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Actually, the kernels are in the default feeds in the latest version of Preware.

Note that all these things are explained in the existing threads for UberKernel and Govnah. Did you search for the official threads before starting a new one?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've not yet managed to get U-K (1.4.1-21) settings to stick over reboot with CPU Scaler Ultimate. Mind you, only tried the once just to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    I've not yet managed to get U-K (1.4.1-21) settings to stick over reboot with CPU Scaler Ultimate. Mind you, only tried the once just to see.
    My understanding is that the "stick over reboot" feature only works with the Super Kernel, and not the Uber kernel. I heard the Uber kernel was designed not to have it for now. I think they want to come up with a fail safe design before adding that feature.
    I thought it was the app that controlled that feature (to stick on reboot). CPUscaler Ultimate Ymust be Ultimate version) has this feature Govnah does not. iIt has nothing to do with the Kernel you are using.
    Note again that all these things are explained in the existing threads for these applications, and don't need to be repeated here yet again.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Installing UberKernel with Preware 1.0 stalls at 1024K ??????

EDIT: Never mind, rebooting phone resolved this.
    Last edited by spud101; 05/10/2010 at 01:19 PM.