Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Yesterday I went out to a bar for cinco the Mayo Yeah!!! And I notice this girl with a Palm Pre.. She's taking come pics with it and then she hops onto FB.. I noticed that she's using the mobile website (x.facebook.com) So me being the nice techy person that I am, I ask her "why do you use the site for FB, why not use the app?" I then go and show her my phone and show her my FB.. She say "How did you get that?" I tell her go to the app catalog.. She 1st blurts out as she hands me her phone.. "I hate this phone" I just smh.. When I tap the app catalog.. To my amazement the terms and agreement screen comes up.. This chick as never used the app catalog, so my next logical question was "How long have you had this phone?" 7 months she says.. SMH I then proceed to dl the FB for her, she then notices that my icons are different and askes me about that.. I told that is my theme and there alot that you dont know about this phone that would make you change your mind about it.. But of course she could care less cus she just needs it for simple thing I guess.. But I just couldnt believe it.. Where and who did not do their job in informing this customer what the phone does? Why do electronic retarts even bother buy phones like this.. Its just something I had to share
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I'm willing to bet she is more the norm than most users on this forum.

For me personally I think I fall in between. I like the features of a smartphone but could care less about homebrew, patches, tweaks....etc..... I just want the phone to work when I have a task to complete.
    Yeah, this forum has maybe less than 10 % of all webos users. It's really sad sometimes when people don't realize their phone can do so much more.
    Poor souls
    or maybe we're the poor souls.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Where's the gesture button?
    Was she a blonde?
    Did you get her phone number while you had her phone? That seems obvious, as you need to invite her over for dinner so you can show her more cool stuff about her phone.

What a great story you two can tell your grandkids after many happy years together...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    Was she a blonde?
    That's not right......lmao
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Second time i've heard someone didn't know about the app catalog on the pre. Palm should put it front and center on the first launcher page along with the Help app.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    it haz a keyboard?
    I would bet most women in her peer group couldn't care less about apps, homebrew, patches, themes, etc and they just want to text, make calls, take pics and browse the internets.

When I see someone with a webOS phone I don't mention anything about homebrew or patches or themes b/c 99% of the people don't care about that stuff. And I'm one of those people. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people on this forum prolly make up less than 8% of the webOS users.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    So everyone who isn't as tech savvy as you (or anyone else on here since we're in the minority) is a "retart"?
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Second time i've heard someone didn't know about the app catalog on the pre. Palm should put it front and center on the first launcher page along with the Help app.
    I know that it's hard to believe in this day and age of 100K apps, but some people really don't care about apps.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    My wife is the same way. I got her a Pre Plus because of the VZ buy one get one free promo (she said she need a smart phone). It's like buying a Ferarri for your grandmother. I add apps for her phone in the event I need hers because I left mine behind. Otherwise it would be a phone that serves as a paper weight. By the time she figures out how to use it it will be obsolete....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    Was she a blonde?
    lol
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    This is the market iPhone is targeting. People do simple things and then feel good about themselves for having a smart phone. That's why Apple careless about Flash, multitasking, etc.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    So everyone who isn't as tech savvy as you (or anyone else on here since we're in the minority) is a "retart"?
    Oh come on. People's biggest complaint about Palm phones is their lack of apps. But this girl didn't even know she could download apps. From that app that's right there and says APP CATALOG.

She probably didn't think she could get anything from there since a) it's not an iPhone, and that's the only phone that has apps and b) it's not called App Store, which is the name she's heard a million times in ads, newspapers, tv commercials and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    it haz a keyboard?
    That just made me laugh soooo hard
    palm need this video commercial on you tube.. to be their leading commercial. palmprevideoinfocommercial.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I know that it's hard to believe in this day and age of 100K apps, but some people really don't care about apps.
    I believe that but when their iphone friends say that got apps, the pre owner shouldn't say they don't have any.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast