1.    #1  
    hey i had overclocked on for 2 days then read somewhere that it voids your warrenty i now have it uninstalled.. does this mean my warrenty is already shot. i also have insurance from verizon does this get voided
    Quote Originally Posted by nextjeter2 View Post
    hey i had overclocked on for 2 days then read somewhere that it voids your warrenty i now have it uninstalled.. does this mean my warrenty is already shot. i also have insurance from verizon does this get voided
    Well your warrAnty is voided but I think they will leave your warrEnty in tact.

Just pokin' fun...

Whether Verizon checks or even asks is debatable. I OC'd and had to have a Pre replaced at Sprint under warranty for a hardware problem totally unrelated to the processor and had no problems.

No to mention, if you pay for the damage replacement plan with Sprint it covers all kinds of physical damage caused by carelessness. Burning one up due to OC would be similar. Although you do pay a $100 fee to use it.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    no, they could never know. Verizon doesn't even know how to work WebOS much less find out if it has been overclocked!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    no, they could never know. Verizon doesn't even know how to work WebOS much less find out if it has been overclocked!
    lol..truth to that. ;-)
  5.    #5  
    daing palms worse then apple atleast with apple i can restore and they can never tell my iphone was jailbroken. Who so my palm warrenty is done... great haha. Does anyone know how much the verizon fee to use insurance is?
    daing palms worse then apple atleast with apple i can restore and they can never tell my iphone was jailbroken. Who so my palm warrenty is done... great haha. Does anyone know how much the verizon fee to use insurance is?
    Your wrong there m8, all you have to do is run webOSdoctor. It sets the Pre back to stock nicely.
    Did you read any of the prior posts?

If you uninstalled it they should not be able to tell. Even better, do a full erase and doctor which would restore your device to a pristine state. You're warranty is fine unless you have a really guilty conscience.
    I think VZ is $50. That's what it was when I replaced my Centro last year.

But why can't you do a complete factory reset so that there is no indication of using a different Kernel?

There is a procedure for power-on/increase/volume/plug into PC posted around here that tells the doctor to put it back to factory fresh. Isn't that sufficient?
    Actually, you should all go read this post by WebOS Internals founder Rod Whitby.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2425127

Again, even if you did it just one day they (Palm) can know it. However whether any of the carriers have access to that information is another question. But even if they know you OC'd, they may still honor their warranty for your device. Particularly if the problem you experience is unrelated to OC.
  10.    #10  
    the previous posts stated that palm recieves information everyday about the devise so they would no even if i did a restore
    umm...i think in your case it's better not to overclock. oh and make sure you remember to drink responsibly, obey all copyright laws, and obey your parents
    My experience at my local verizon store is that the techs seem to be smarter then everyone else in the store combined. Although there was this one chick that didn't know jack and she was a tech....
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    It does technically void your warranty, but if you just run "the Dr." before you take in your operational phone for a warranty claim you will be fine. Hell, visible physical damage is grounds for your warranty to be voided, but it never happens.