1.    #1  
    I'm following the instructions here: developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2051&Itemid=21

It all worked until the very last step: "Run the activation-bypass tool from the command line by issuing the following command: java -jar devicetool.jar"

When I do that Terminal just prints out an exception: "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file..."

Does anyone know what could be wrong?
    what version of Java you have? java -v from the command line.

you probably have to update it
  3.    #3  
    ukabu, you were completely right! They're weren't any Java updates available when I looked, so I thought I had the latest, but Java was actually set to use the 1.5 version instead of 1.6!

To fix it I launched /Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences.app and drug the 1.6 version ahead of the 1.5 in both lists.

The devicetool.jar worked without a hitch after that.
    very good tool now my pre is actived with *devicetool.jar* but ilike unloked it
    devicetool.jar for active yoour pal pre
    how to unlock palm pre
    Easy - nextgenserver.com
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncingsoul View Post
    ukabu, you were completely right! They're weren't any Java updates available when I looked, so I thought I had the latest, but Java was actually set to use the 1.5 version instead of 1.6!

To fix it I launched /Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences.app and drug the 1.6 version ahead of the 1.5 in both lists.

The devicetool.jar worked without a hitch after that.
    How did you manage it to work on Mac?
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    i need help when ever i try to download the palm activation bypass tool it saves as a ZIP file to my desktop so when i type "java -jar devicetool.jar" the CMD says cannot find i need help on how to download the file as a jar file and
    how do u change the extension ??
    can u guys help me unlock mine im lost on how to run the devicetool.jar i need help ASAP