Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    I have 2 days remaining on my 30 day period to return my Pre Plus. At this point, I'm seriously considering it, given the horrendous GPS issues. With the recent news that AT&t is likely to release their version within the next 10 days combined with reports that the AT&T Pre Plus will be a much better device, that's a very tempting option. I have been very pleased with my Pre Plus, but EXTREMELY disappointed with Verizon. I know AT&T isn't the greates, but at least I know what I'm getting. Verizon markets themselves as having great customer service and a great network, when in reality they treat customers like crap and use highly corrupt business practices.
  2. #2  
    ask all those iphone users about at&t. Their 3g coverage is sparse (there is a map for that) and their pipes are overloaded.

    I understand your gps frustration.

    but is that really the key feature on your phone?

    I use a garmin. No phone gps anywhere is better than a real gps. Mine has lifetime traffic service, too.

    you can get a cheap tom tom or nuvi for well under $100 on amazon or buy.com.

    then you can enjoy your phone.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/06/2010 at 11:26 AM.
  3. #3  
    I think you're a good fit for the Pre Plus on AT&T. I'm on Sprint, but I've seen the issues with GPS and double-typing on Verizon, and I couldn't stand it if it were my phone.

    Another cool thing with AT&T (or any GSM phone vs CMDA) is that you'll be able to do voice and data simultaneously. That could come in handy sometime.

    Your only issue will be the transition period between when you return your VZ Pre and when AT&T releases it. Maybe AT&T could give you a dumbphone to hold you over until the Pre gets launched. Talk to an AT&T rep and see what they can do for you.

    Have you considered Sprint? The cheapest (by far) rates, unlimited mobile to mobile, yearly phone upgrades, included Sprint Navigation, etc make it really tempting. You could pick up a Pre today (not the plus, but that's not a big deal). Just a thought. I'm Sprint all the way
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_daddy View Post
    Another cool thing with AT&T (or any GSM phone vs CMDA) is that you'll be able to do voice and data simultaneously. That could come in handy sometime.

    Have you considered Sprint? The cheapest (by far) rates, unlimited mobile to mobile, yearly phone upgrades, included Sprint Navigation, etc make it really tempting. You could pick up a Pre today (not the plus, but that's not a big deal). Just a thought. I'm Sprint all the way
    I agree with both excerpts above. Sprints Unlimited Data (includes unlimited messaging) and Any Mobile Any Time are the best. Since I have a family plan, those features apply to ALL 5 phones on my acct and only costs me $180/month

    If I were with AT&T and wanted Unlimited Data + unlimited messaging alone, it would cost me $70 PER PHONE
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_daddy View Post
    I think you're a good fit for the Pre Plus on AT&T. I'm on Sprint, but I've seen the issues with GPS and double-typing on Verizon, and I couldn't stand it if it were my phone.

    Another cool thing with AT&T (or any GSM phone vs CMDA) is that you'll be able to do voice and data simultaneously. That could come in handy sometime.

    Your only issue will be the transition period between when you return your VZ Pre and when AT&T releases it. Maybe AT&T could give you a dumbphone to hold you over until the Pre gets launched. Talk to an AT&T rep and see what they can do for you.

    Have you considered Sprint? The cheapest (by far) rates, unlimited mobile to mobile, yearly phone upgrades, included Sprint Navigation, etc make it really tempting. You could pick up a Pre today (not the plus, but that's not a big deal). Just a thought. I'm Sprint all the way
    Sadly, I'm in a poor coverage area for Sprint, so they are not an option.

    Word is that the AT&T Pre Plus hardware is much improved over the Verizon version. I could cancel my Verizon Pre Plus contract and go back to my old Verizon flip-phone for a month before moving to AT&T. I don't know. I LOVE my phone. Very frustrated with Verizon GPS.
  6. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #6  
    Hey bud, if you have good verizon coverage you should have good sprint coverage. Both use CDMA and roam.
    Dan
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Sadly, I'm in a poor coverage area for Sprint, so they are not an option.

    Word is that the AT&T Pre Plus hardware is much improved over the Verizon version. I could cancel my Verizon Pre Plus contract and go back to my old Verizon flip-phone for a month before moving to AT&T. I don't know. I LOVE my phone. Very frustrated with Verizon GPS.
    Given your situation, I would definitely return your VZ Pre, use the old flip phone for a few weeks, then get an AT&T Pre when it's released (rumored to be May 14th or May 16th). You "LOVE" your phone... well it'll be the same phone and experience on AT&T too, but with the GPS working correctly.

    It's been stated that the Verizon GPS troubles are Verizon's fault - not Palm's hardware. So that should clear it up. Also, I think the prices of AT&T to Verizon are similar, so that should be no big deal.

    Sounds like you aren't too happy with Verizon anyways. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Let us know how the AT&T Pre Plus works out for you. I've got a couple friends devoted to AT&T that would make the move if it's as good as I expect it to be.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Hey bud, if you have good verizon coverage you should have good sprint coverage. Both use CDMA and roam.
    That's true when you're talking about voice and 1x coverage. Sprint will roam to Verizon's CMDA tower, but it can't roam to 3G data speeds. Roaming is limited to the crappy slow data speeds.

    It'd be a shame to have such a great data-hungry phone bound to 1x RTT speeds, wouldn't it?
  9. #9  
    mobile hotspot alone should be enough to keep you on verizon.

    its such an awesome feature, especially since it's free!
  10. #10  
    Unless you want an Android variant or a BlackBerry, i'd dump Verizon and wait for Pre Plus on AT&T. Infact, check their policy now. You may be able to get something on AT&T now and if the Pre comes out within 30-days you might be able to swap/switch to it....especially if the temp phone you get is a "cheapie" and you let AT&T up-sell you to the Pre. It's far easier to keep your number within the same carrier than all the porting over business... and you get to test out the waters for AT&T coverage in your area.
  11. #11  
    As long as you get good AT&T coverage, go for it. Reports from the reps training on the AT&T pre plus is that gps works fine on it and locates you quick. His only issue was that it would updated your location every 2 sec. Instead of on the fly.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    As long as you get good AT&T coverage, go for it. Reports from the reps training on the AT&T pre plus is that gps works fine on it and locates you quick. His only issue was that it would updated your location every 2 sec. Instead of on the fly.
    Every 2 seconds is a little better than every 3-4 days...
  13. #13  
    I would return the pos & get a htc evo 4g I like the sprint pixi I have it works great. But want a bit more of stuff on my phone.cant wait till I get one. Verizon & at&t have to many problems with their phones & service.go with sprint much cheaper than the other ones.+htc evo 4G is b.a.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Furberry View Post
    I would return the pos & get a htc evo 4g I like the sprint pixi I have it works great. But want a bit more of stuff on my phone.cant wait till I get one. Verizon & at&t have to many problems with their phones & service.go with sprint much cheaper than the other ones.+htc evo 4G is b.a.
    Did you not read all of the OP's posts?????
  15. Barebuns's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #15  
    as long as you have equivalent coverage (particularly 3G) between AT&T and Verizon, it's probably a toss up, but one key benefit would be using data and voice on AT&T, which you can't on Verizon.
    The other thing to check on is Mobile Hotspot - it's free through Verizon if you sign up before May 8th. I don't know what this will cost on AT&T.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Hey bud, if you have good verizon coverage you should have good sprint coverage. Both use CDMA and roam.
    Yea, not true. I had a sprint phone for over two years from my job and the service was entirely unacceptable. My verizon phone(LG chocolate, then dare) at the time had great service.

    Also I went to the verizon store yesterday and got my extra $20 from the price drop on the pre
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
  17. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I know AT&T isn't the greatest, but at least I know what I'm getting.

    I have AT&T and they have been nothing short of wonderful. The customer service is the best I have had, they help me with any problem I have, and when I had a defective phone, they sent be a bran new one.

    I have been with AT&T for 7+ years, and have no had any problems with them. Also AT&T is one only carrier I get service for.


    I dont like Verizon for alot of reason, the GPS being the newest. I also cant surf the web while talking on any other service but AT&T. The only think I dont like about AT&T is the marriage to the iPhone.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I have AT&T and they have been nothing short of wonderful. The customer service is the best I have had, they help me with any problem I have, and when I had a defective phone, they sent be a bran new one.

    I have been with AT&T for 7+ years, and have no had any problems with them. Also AT&T is one only carrier I get service for.


    I dont like Verizon for alot of reason, the GPS being the newest. I also cant surf the web while talking on any other service but AT&T. The only think I dont like about AT&T is the marriage to the iPhone.
    I thought you bought a practice Pre so you could play with it... did you take it back already?
  19. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_daddy View Post
    Have you considered Sprint? The cheapest (by far) rates
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Sadly, I'm in a poor coverage area for Sprint, so they are not an option.
    Well, the rates does not matter if the you dont get any signal were you are. Like myself.
  20. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I could cancel my Verizon Pre Plus contract and go back to my old Verizon flip-phone for a month before moving to AT&T. I don't know. I LOVE my phone. Very frustrated with Verizon GPS.

    That is what I would do to be honest. If you love your phone, then you will LOVE it on AT&T and only have to wait a few days/weeks.

    I did the same thing, and returned my Palm, and have been waiting over a month for the AT&T one. Its gonna be hard, but WORTH IT.


    Once you go to AT&T you will be SOOO glad you did, and would even look back at how hard it was to wait a few days/weeks


    Just backup your profile, and when you get your new phone, download everything you backed up onto the new phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions