View Poll Results: Do you Theme your Pre?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 38.37%
  • No

36 41.86%
  • I have in the past, but I don't any more

17 19.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The palmcast guys don't theme their pre's. I did for a while, but I don't any more. How about you?

If you don't theme, why not?

For me personally, I don't any more because (in part) I get annoyed at the changing of icons for apps. The themes that I liked changed app icons and that works great until I have to delete and re-install some app, then it's got it's stock icon. I'd rather that all the icons stayed stock.

But I also have gotten over having the phone look completely different. I'm fine not using theming.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I like the slick black theme. Just changes some colors
    Not me.
    Completely stock Pre here.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Theme all the time as a matter of fact!! With so much talent here, it hard not to!
    No themes.

I just (this AM) added Preware and 1 patch (Week view on Calendar). Otherwise, I am "stock".

I must say, the entire Preware add was simple and the instructions were exactly right.

I'll not "theme" because I see more problem posts associated with that than any other. Also, it seems themes must be removed prior to system updates, but not the others. Thus, NO themes for me.
    I will install themes if and when they become an integral function of the OS and not a hack which has to be removed prior to any official updates.
    yep. I go back and forth between 'iphone icons' and OSX. Nice and clean
    I never was a themer until glass effect suite came out. It looks so nice, I love it.
    No Themes for me, don't want to remove them all the time for updates.
    I love the Red Flammable theme.
    I'm on my third theme. I had to doctor to get the second one off. I'm hoping its a freak accident but if I have to do it again I will not theme anymore.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    No, I'm quite happy with the appearance of my apps & wallpaper as they are and adding themes seems like an unnecessary hassle.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Nope. I had bad experiences with the blackout theme, after that, I never used themes. The stock theme looks nice anyway.
    Tried some themes after the 1.4.1 patch, really borked my Pre plus up. I'll stick with the stock theme for now.
    I made my own and love it no issues with it and find it not that big a deal to remove it before updates and then just throw it back on!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    I was a themer, until the errors appeared for updating. Pre looks great in any case. No more themes for me. Just a new background every now and then
    I have my own personal collection of patches I made that modify how certain elements look I'd rather customize it to my liking then use something someone else made.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I can't stand the non-uniform size of a lot of 3rd party icons when compared to the stock apps so yep I theme. I guess I have a little OCD in me
    I theme cause I think the default theme is boring and lacks info.

GO GREEN BAY PACKERS THEME GO!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I theme and I love it! No problems yet..(knock on wood). I sure as heck wouldn't do it without the awesome support of this board. It def helps knowing when OTA updates are coming so I can uninstall the theme. My favs are the Original Blue theme and the Wonder Woman one I know it's gay but awesome
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast