1.    #1  
    Pretty much, I downloaded Ampache mobile but I have no clue how to go about setting that bad boy up. It has intro and preference, when I click preference, I see account, color and more. I have no clue how to set up the add account part. Can someone help me please?...Any help will be appreciated !
    Prepare to read. Search the forums for ampachpre, on the first posts will be a link to a guide for setting up an ampache server on your desktop, follow that guide.
    If you already have an ampache server set up all you need to do is type the link the prefernces page on the ampache app - http://(IP address)/ampache-3.5.4
    good luck
  3.    #3  
    Hi, i looked through the AmpachePre and Ampache Mobile thread, nothing is really showing me how to set it up. I guess i'll just keep looking at all the threads.

Edit: Ahhh i see it!
  4.    #4  
    Im guessing it doesnt work with zumodrive

Edit: Oh excuse me!..I does work!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jason Black; 05/06/2010 at 07:33 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Whaoo..it doesn't work over evdo...bummer. Thanks anyway..I don't see why i'll want to stream music off my computer while I'm home.
    It does work over EVDO. Quite well too. Having issues accessing your webserver outside of your WLAN? I had to setup two different logins, one that accesses my local network server and then one that accesses my public network server.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    It does work over EVDO. Quite well too. Having issues accessing your webserver outside of your WLAN? I had to setup two different logins, one that accesses my local network server and then one that accesses my public network server.
    How did you go about doing that?
    I only setup an account with my ip I got off the wireless adapter details
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    u also have to open up the firewall to allow connection from outside and u have to access it via your external ip not internal ip
    The Common Issues wiki entry on the Ampache Mobile Site goes thru many of these issues.

CommonIssues - ampache-mobile - Some pointers for common issues encountered while setting up ampache - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
  10.    #11  
    very complicated...I set up a static ip...and now i have to open a port for it through my router...did that and now it still tells me that the port is closed. I dont even have a clue if i should enter the static IP address as my login for Ampache or...
  11.    #12  
    Last edited by Jason Black; 06/05/2010 at 08:41 AM.
  12.    #13  
    Does anyone know what port Ampache uses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Does anyone know what port Ampache uses?
    Ampache uses whatever port your webserver is configure to use, by default most webservers use port 80.

Are you using XAMPP? Also if you start posting to the Ampache Mobile thread, your questions will get answered faster.
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    you can also go to dyndns.com and setup a dynamic dns name it will refresh your ip automatically to match your computer
  15.    #16  
    Last edited by Jason Black; 06/05/2010 at 08:41 AM.
  16.    #17  
    ATLAST!!!..I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!! YES!!! Thanks everyone