Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I guess I've had it maybe a year or less.

I had the loose battery issue. My original battery went stone dead about a month ago. They gave me a new battery that was exactly as loose as the original. Had to tape it up.

Now I'm having a problem with calls. It seems something is loose with the mic/speaker. If I squeeze the phone up close to the ear piece, it makes a "click" noise in the speaker and the sound goes in and out.

I have a Touchstone at my nightstand. It stopped working the other day. I have a brand new one that I was gonna set up in my car. It works fine. . I checked connections. Only the one Touchstone works for sure.

So after a year it looks like I need a new Pre and a new Touchstone.

I like the phone. Too bad the hardware is lacking.

How long is the warranty on the Pre? Is this gonna cost me the $100 deductable?
    radio sgack is selling touchstone for 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    radio sgack is selling touchstone for 20.
    Some Radio Shacks are. The stores in my area don't have any touchstones.
    I picked up a Touchstone yesterday at The Shack and it looked like they were going fast so you should get one while they got'em.
    I've had my Pre since October (when it was released in Germany) and have recently started to get "loose battery" problems - closing the slider with gusto, as I often do, would shut down the phone. What I did was to take a small strip of paper, fold it up a few times, and use it as a spacer between the upper edge of the battery and the battery compartment. Took me all of 10 seconds to fashion, and has been working perfectly for two weeks now.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Some Radio Shacks are. The stores in my area don't have any touchstones.
    Try online.
    Palm Touchstone Charging Dock for Pre and Pixi : Cell Phone Chargers | RadioShack.com