1.    #1  
    has anyone used the urber kernel in preware yet and govnah.
    installed in last night after removing the 800Mhz kernal/patch. Seems to work fine so far, havn't really noticed any differances, but I havn't had a full day to see how it effects heat or battery life. It does seems to have just as good of an effect as when I had the 800Mhz kernal running full time, other than it feels like it takes longer to boot up.
    Just loaded uber kernel @ 250-720 yesterday.
    Previously I was using the original 720Mhz kernel/patch.

I used it while golfing last evening (Golfpinfinder) and my battery (was currently using a stock battery) was still at 27% when I finished. That was 18 holes (about 4 hours).
    It was fully charged prior to starting (or at least 90%+).
    I was not expecting it to last the whole round based on previous feedback from users using the same App.

No issues so far.
    I have dl the kernal from preware, but it doesent do anything once I press the icon on the Pre, I think I may have missed a step, but I was thinking it would be easy. ANy help here would be great
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geovanni68 View Post
    I have dl the kernal from preware, but it doesent do anything once I press the icon on the Pre, I think I may have missed a step, but I was thinking it would be easy. ANy help here would be great
    That's correct behavior. The icon is there only to let you know the kernel is installed. You use Govnah or CPUScaler* (or adjust manually in kernel) to adjust your settings. thorne
    Last edited by thornev; 05/06/2010 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I just installed both of these last night. It was the first time overclocking the Pre and I loaded it to 800mhz. The difference was small so didn't think it was worth it so currently in the process of uninstalling them.

I just did this this am (loaded) and found the same thing. I did not see much difference. So, I am likely to uninstall as well. Thought I would give it a full day of use to see if I found it to be more noticeable. But, as of now...not really.
    I installed it last night and noticed the difference with performance immediately. My issue now is what governor settings to use to maximize battery life and heat.

I tried screenstate (500/800) for about an hour last night and that sucked about 10%. Light surfing, but mainly me opening and closing apps testing out the speed....which it definitely has more of. The heat really wasn't an issue 32-40.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    If you were to go to the official thread you could probably garner more information about the Kernel and it's use. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...er-kernel.html And Govnah as well. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...01-govnah.html
    Last edited by vza33; 05/06/2010 at 12:11 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  9.    #9  
    thanx for the feed back. I just installed it but all I have is stock it only goes up to 125 to 600,theres no 720 or 800 so I'm stuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreboss View Post
    thanx for the feed back. I just installed it but all I have is stock it only goes up to 125 to 600,theres no 720 or 800 so I'm stuck?
    You have to load Govnah AND uber.

Then, you have to do a restart (after BOTH are onboard) by pressing Orange-Sym-R at the same time.

Then, after reboot, open Govnah. You will see the additional choices.

Good luck
    This is where WebOS Internals Uber Kernel is being discussed:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...er-kernel.html

- Craig
  12.    #12  
    thanx to all for the help.