1.    #1  
    I was in California last weekend and while I was at Six Flags riding a tram, my Pre slipped out of my pocket and somehow managed to fall right under the tire of the tram and was run over. I recovered the phone, but the touchscreen is cracked and so I have no idea what I'm doing with it. I just got my new Pixi to replace it, but the people at Sprint weren't able to recover my pictures and the other stuff off the Flash memory, so I'm hoping maybe one of you guys will be able to help me. I've tried connecting it to my computer via USB but webOS Quick Install isn't recognizing it and I can't see it under My Computer.

Any ideas on how I can get the contents of my memory off of there?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    does it turn on? if it's on, you can press orange/gray+sym+u to put the phone into usb mode after you hook it up to your computer.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but that didn't really work. I know it's on because I can see the screen backlight through the cracks in the screen, but even when I do that, and I tried orange+sym+s and orange+sym+m thinking maybe one of those was media sync and it still doesn't show up. I'm wondering if there's a software error now or something. Oh and now I'm getting a "USB device not recognized" error on Windows.
    Knock it off, take out the battery.
    connect it via usb, hold up key and then put the battery back in while still holding up on volume, that should put it in usb mode.
    Well somthing along those lines I think.
    ^^^

That puts it into Bootloader Recovery Mode, he doesn't want to do that.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers