1.    #1  
    I was in Radioshack and the guy told me I don't need a special back cover for a Sprint Pre to use it with a touchstone. Is that correct?
    Umm. He needs to check his facts. The stock Sprint Pre back is not compatible with the touchstone. Radio shack was selling the Touchstone kit that includes the back for $20. (its the bigger box)
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    No. You will need the flat black cover, not the shiny black cover that came on the original sprint pre. It should be included with the touchstone if purchased through a credible source.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    That's not correct. The standard back on the Pre will not work with the Touchstone. See here for details on the Touchstone "bundle" from Palm (usually available where you bought your Pre).
    Last edited by gc916; 05/05/2010 at 07:48 PM.
    As everyone else has already said, yeah you do need a special back. But! the touchstone cover is very nice, give the phone a more "real" feel to it, so it doesn't feel plasticy or toy-like. Also, i'm not sure if you've had the problem, but when you have the slider open and your typing, the phone seems to squeak. I haven't had that problem since i have had the touchstone back
    Si, happy Cinco de Mayo!!!
    My wife stopped by a Radio Shack to pick up a second Touchstone for me on the cheap. The sales rep told her that Sprint is discontinuing the Pre/Pixi because Palm is going out of business, and that Touchstones aren't available anywhere. So, that pretty much says everything that needs to be said about some Radio Shack sales reps.

Er, I mean "The Shack." Which says everything that needs to be said about the organization.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Thats why store is called RatShack.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    My wife stopped by a Radio Shack to pick up a second Touchstone for me on the cheap. The sales rep told her that Sprint is discontinuing the Pre/Pixi because Palm is going out of business, and that Touchstones aren't available anywhere. So, that pretty much says everything that needs to be said about some Radio Shack sales reps.

Er, I mean "The Shack." Which says everything that needs to be said about the organization.
    What a fool, guess they don't follow tech news... especially a major announcement like Palm & HP. There you are a perfect reason why so few have or realize that the Pre is so nice.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Yeah I just picked up a touchstone kit today as well for $20. Sweet deal and my Sprint Pre feels more solid. So far the only thing I dislike about the kit is it seems to get my Pre very hot after 30 minutes or so with airplane mode on. I even reverted back to the standard kernal 500mhz. Anyone else noticed this?
    The good thing about The Shack's ignorance is that they're blowing out perfectly good equipment for dirt cheap (I got my touchstone and back for free as I was one of the German Day 1 adopters, but if I hadn't, I would've paid €75 for the stone and another €20 for the back...)
    do verizon pre's need a special back?
    Quote Originally Posted by evanderlongoria View Post
    No, they come with a TS back cover.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evanderlongoria View Post
    No...

Verizon's Pre plus version doesn't need a special back cover.