Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    This was insane. Left the house with 100% charge and got back home with it at 0% and me running for the charger because I needed before it shut down. Total trip time was less then two hours actually.

-Left house, made a phone call of less then one minute.
    -15 minute drive, used Google Maps for about 10 of it. Checked TweetMe real quick while on the road.
    -Got to destination in which I had to use camera. At this point I realized I should crank down the phone some and with Govnah I turned down the processor down to 500MHz. Battery % was in the high 80's at this point. Started taking photos, ended up being 57 with about 20 of those including the flash. While taking pictures I was jumping over to email to email them off in batches. Total of 8 emails with photos attached.
    -Received two phone calls of less then 2 minutes while taking/emailing photos.
    -Signal in house was two bars, had 3G

The sending of the emails with pictures attached is what did the most pounding on the battery. The emails just didn't want to go through. I ended up canceling what I thought was 5 of them and let the other three continue working in the outbox as I drove home. Got home to find out 5 of the emails actually went through, so two of the ones I had canceled plus the three I let work on the drive home.

I have never complained much about battery life, as I am usually not far from being able to charge. Even in this case I wasn't gone long. I still don't care. I know exactly what killed my battery and usually when I go out for pictures it's 5-10 to email right away and I spend hours out doing other things on the phone, so this was an extreme case for me. Just wanted to share....thought the whole thing was crazy. 100% to 0% in roughly 2 hours, a little less even.
    Like most people here say, Pre is the best phone on the market. WebOS is the amazing. Pre does, Iphone doesn't. Close your eyes and just go with your faith. Doesn't matter how many times your Pre crashes, or break. Pre community is here to help you out because we knows more than Apple or Google ******* out there. Stay no matter what. Everyday I found something new to love about our belove Palm Pre. Go to your local Verizon Store and put PRE #1 on the phone wall paper, because that will make the phone better.

BTW, my battery sucks like EVERYONE HERE. We just don't say anything bad about it since it's TABOOO. I left with 9 days on my Pre before 30 days return policy. I am definately leaning toward returning it btw. But you guys stick with this.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by savager View Post
    Like most people here say, Pre is the best phone on the market. WebOS is the amazing. Pre does, Iphone doesn't. Close your eyes and just go with your faith. Doesn't matter how many times your Pre crashes, or break. Pre community is here to help you out because we knows more than Apple or Google ******* out there. Stay no matter what. Everyday I found something new to love about our belove Palm Pre.

BTW, I left with 9 days on my Pre before 30 days return policy. I am definately leaning toward returning it btw. But you guys stick with this.
    I will stick with it. I crushed the phone with usage that is not normal, even for a heavy user which I consider myself. I have not come close to something like this. I big part of the problem in this instance was the uploading of over 50 large pictures to send out in emails. The emails wouldn't go out fast enough and I kept adding to it. The phone calls interrupting the uploading didn't help either.

My write up may not describe well enough just how much I actually got accomplished with this phone in that two hours. I got what I needed done, and the only thing I didn't use the Pre for was to drive me there, though it did guide me there. The phone just made me money in a fairly efficient way.
    1. Buy a charger for your car.
    2. Buy an aftermarket extended battery.
    3. Stop using the phone so much.

Pick any two.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Sounds like a fluke. Restart your phone. I went to a car show the other day and spent over a hour walking around snapping 160+ photos and a few videos. Sent several Pictures to people using MMS. Still had 30% battery when I finished up my day with 12+ hours off the charger. I use 800MHz patch with no throttling. Signal was 2-4 bars most of the day.

Like they say: Your mileage may vary.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    No it is not Taboo to talk about battery life. It does suck, yes. But there are obviously things about the phone that make up for it. I often tell new users in the forums to buy the extended battery.

But 2 hours? That's is insane. There might be a problem with your battery. Keep an eye on it over the next little while. It really shouldn't be that bad.

Each phone has its shortcomings and strategies to deal with them. With the Pre, you can get extra batteries, you can also use the Uber scaling patch. But if you consistently have battery problems, try replacing the battery.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    1. Buy a charger for your car.
    2. Buy an aftermarket extended battery.
    3. Stop using the phone so much.

Pick any two.
    No. There is no need for any of those.
    Like most people here say, Pre is the best phone on the market. WebOS is the amazing. Pre does, Iphone doesn't. Close your eyes and just go with your faith. Doesn't matter how many times your Pre crashes, or break. Pre community is here to help you out because we knows more than Apple or Google ******* out there. Stay no matter what. Everyday I found something new to love about our belove Palm Pre. Go to your local Verizon Store and put PRE #1 on the phone wall paper, because that will make the phone better.

BTW, my battery sucks like EVERYONE HERE. We just don't say anything bad about it since it's TABOOO. I left with 9 days on my Pre before 30 days return policy. I am definately leaning toward returning it btw. But you guys stick with this.
    Please return your phone and leave... i guarantee there is no one here who doesn't have a complaint about one aspect of their phone...

I'm not sure what forums you are reading (judging by your lack of posts i'd assume little to none) but alot of people have complained about battery life.

But to sit and blatantly try to call us out as ******* of a phone, you sir, need to gtfo...
    can you do a test for us?? Try doing the same thing you did you do that day. . . Just this time dpnt charge until it the phone actually shuts down by itself. . . Sometimes I reach zero but actually fells like I had just reacher 50 since I can continie using the phone for hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    No. There is no need for any of those.
    yes there is... that is why they make the accessories in the first place
    I have the extended battery (2250) and mine never lasts more than 5 hours and no, I'm not complaining. I know the battery issues and if it ever gets to be too much I'll buy a Crackberry, even Android has battery issues
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Sounds like a fluke. Restart your phone. I went to a car show the other day and spent over a hour walking around snapping 160+ photos and a few videos. Sent several Pictures to people using MMS. Still had 30% battery when I finished up my day with 12+ hours off the charger. I use 800MHz patch with no throttling. Signal was 2-4 bars most of the day.

Like they say: Your mileage may vary.
    A fluke yes, but a fluke that was helped out by how I used it. The emailing photos mainly. Over 50, ranging in size from .5 MB up to 2.2 MBs each. That was a good chunk to ulpoad. MMS automatically reduces the size of the images from my experience, but I needed full size sent so email was my only option.
    radio shack has the car charger on close out for a special price of 12.95

touch stone close out at 19.99

I picked up two today. So should you!!!

Sorry about the battery life. The data channel eats batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    No it is not Taboo to talk about battery life. It does suck, yes. But there are obviously things about the phone that make up for it. I often tell new users in the forums to buy the extended battery.
    People kept saying there's things about the phone that make up for all the stuffs that happening on the phone. What is it? Please don't tell me like WebOS >>>> all the mobile os. What is it? I am trying to find a reason to stay with it?

Multitask? Android can do it. Iphone 4.0 will do it.
    Keyboard? Droid has it and it's better since it's bigger.
    Quality of the phone? if I have rate the quality of this phone, I have to give 3 out of 10.
    Battery life? Every smartphone battery sucks. We all know that if you had different smartphone, but Pre battery is THE WORST.
    Apps? Not just we don't have enough apps, we have to pay more for our apps than Android and Iphone.
    Music apps? yeah, Android music player sucks too but iphone is the king here.
    Movie apps? If it supports more codecs, but it's same as other big name. Atleast Samsung and LG's new android phone will play all divx.

Please tell me what is so great about our Pre? please, I have 9 days left.
    It's probably the flash that uses a lot of battery. I know that when I am using my Cannon G9 camera, if I use the flash it really drains the battery down fast.
    People kept saying there's things about the phone that make up for all the stuffs that happening on the phone. What is it? Please don't tell me like WebOS >>>> all the mobile os. What is it? I am trying to find a reason to stay with it?

Multitask? Android can do it. Iphone 4.0 will do it. Not As Well
    Keyboard? Droid has it and it's better since it's bigger.
    Quality of the phone? if I have rate the quality of this phone, I have to give 3 out of 10. Your Personal Opinion
    Battery life? Every smartphone battery sucks. We all know that if you had different smartphone, but Pre battery is THE WORST. Your own personal experience
    Apps? Not just we don't have enough apps, we have to pay more for our apps than Android and Iphone. App store is in its infancy, give it time
    Music apps? yeah, Android music player sucks too but iphone is the king here. Try Music Player Remix, I Have Had 0 Problems
    Movie apps? If it supports more codecs, but it's same as other big name. Atleast Samsung and LG's new android phone will play all divx. Convert Your Videos To MP4

I fixed your post... you are welcome
    make sure GPS is turned off whenever possible. I'll have my battery life disappear quick with it on, but as long as it's off,my phone lasts forever. Once I figure outhow to use Mode Switcher, i'll set it to activate things like EVDO, and GPS only when I turn on certain programs. Then my battery life will be awesome. Either way, just turn off those services manually whenever you are not using them and you should see your battery last all day long without a charge.....

Oh, I have the 1350 battery so if you have stock then I guess what I just said was worthless. Lol.
    I've had the Pre since Launch day. While I like it, my advice is to get out while you can. On my one year anniversary I will be switching to an Evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    I fixed your post... you are welcome
    You forgot to answer one question though, maybe you have none. Please tell me one thing that make me over come all these problems we have with Pre? Anything that Pre does exceptionally better than Iphone or Android? And apps store, still in infancy? Do I have to laugh at this or cry? After one year later, only 3% market share, when do you think it's going to get mature?

Back to my question, tell me something encouraging to stick with Pre, instead of please give up your phone, or WebOS >>> other OS or Iphone sucks or Android sucks or Pre community is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I've had the Pre since Launch day. While I like it, my advice is to get out while you can. On my one year anniversary I will be switching to an Evo.
    Thank you so much. One honestly Pre owner.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast