1.    #1  
    On my pre I cant get my phone radio to turn on. I cant figure out whats wrong. I did not doctor my phone or anything, It just stopped working. After a full battery pull the first time and patch removals it worked, then it stopped again. I then had to run the recovery tool and remove all patches and that worked, but then it went away again. I cant figure this out.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Try going to the phone app and typing #evdo## on the dialpad, not the keyboard. Tell me if this helps or not. Does the WiFi work either?
  3.    #3  
    wifi works. It says phone radio off and won't turn on. And when I tried ##radio# it said telephony radio firmware version : unknown
    update network? Would that have anything to do with it?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    update network? Would that have anything to do with it?
    I cant even connect to the network.

EDIT: It also will not charge.
    Last edited by geeksquadkid; 05/05/2010 at 05:10 PM.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Wow! The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. a few minutes after I updated Preware and let it reboot Java, I completely lost the GPRS radio - no signal strength meter on the top bar and "phone preferences" was inaccessible. I tried both soft and hard reboots, removed the battery, nothing helped.

Just before I made a post here I turned on airplane mode, and kept it that way (with all radios off) for a good 15 minutes while I typed my post out. When I was finished and was about to submit the post, I turned airplane mode... and the GPRS radio started to work, and has worked fine since.

I really don't know what happened. The last thing I did before a call "hung up" right when I tried to answer a ringing phone call was restart Java, although given that restarting Luna and the entire phone made no difference I'd bet that it was just a coincidence.

Letting the phone "rest" in airplane mode for 10-15 minutes may have fixed the issue, but I have no way of knowing for sure.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    Wow! The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. a few minutes after I updated Preware and let it reboot Java, I completely lost the GPRS radio - no signal strength meter on the top bar and "phone preferences" was inaccessible. I tried both soft and hard reboots, removed the battery, nothing helped.

Just before I made a post here I turned on airplane mode, and kept it that way (with all radios off) for a good 15 minutes while I typed my post out. When I was finished and was about to submit the post, I turned airplane mode... and the GPRS radio started to work, and has worked fine since.

I really don't know what happened. The last thing I did before a call "hung up" right when I tried to answer a ringing phone call was restart Java, although given that restarting Luna and the entire phone made no difference I'd bet that it was just a coincidence.

Letting the phone "rest" in airplane mode for 10-15 minutes may have fixed the issue, but I have no way of knowing for sure.
    Well I cant get the phone to turn on let alone charge now so yeah..
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Ahh, I missed that. Try holding down the power button for about 10 seconds while its connected to the charger to see if you can wake it up. Otherwise it might take a trip to the sprint store.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    Ahh, I missed that. Try holding down the power button for about 10 seconds while its connected to the charger to see if you can wake it up. Otherwise it might take a trip to the sprint store.
    I can wake it up but it stops charging and dies. Ive managed to turn on airplane mode for a while and the result after 15 mins or so was it was stuck in airplane mode. Even when it said it was off it said airplane mode and showed the airplane symbol
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

have you tried paying your bill?

(grin)
    take it to a sprint store, i'd say run the diagnostics first, but if you can't get the phone to turn on ur SOL :/
  12.    #12  
    yes I paid the bill and I can get it to turn on now just not to charge

Ok so I used my dads battery and I was able to doctor it but it still doesnt work.
    Last edited by geeksquadkid; 05/06/2010 at 04:59 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Bump: Alright so I was able to run the doctor. Once I start up my pre now instead bringing me to the screen I pick my language + sign into palm profile it says Phone Error: And tells me to contact palm's support. Which I did. And they had me doctor it again. Which didnt fix it. Anyone else have an answer?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Bump: Alright so I was able to run the doctor. Once I start up my pre now instead bringing me to the screen I pick my language + sign into palm profile it says Phone Error: And tells me to contact palm's support. Which I did. And they had me doctor it again. Which didnt fix it. Anyone else have an answer?
    If it doesnt work with a fully charged battery, I'd be asking for a replacement...
    I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago. My phone was stuck in offline mode and would not charge. I took it into a sprint store and they had to replace it. That made 3 change outs. THEN, the replacement phone was scratched up and I just had that replaced making my current phone my fourth pre.