1.    #1  
    Okay, I looked up how to install the virtual keyboard on the wiki site but I think it is for the old pre from sprint without the Web OS software?? I am getting confused can anyone update or help with step by step instructions on how to do this with a brand new pre plus from verizon using version palm webOS 1.4.1.1. Will this change my warranty at all? Also there are two apps in the app store that seem to kinda do this are they worth it to try, the reviews are not good for either of them.
  2.    #2  
    I am also wondering if this can be done without a computer? The computer I own is a macbook. I also am having a hard timt trying to find how to get preware onto my phone if I need it for this app to run.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    The install is the same regardless of carrier because WebOS is the OS for all Pre's. You install via PreWare or App Catalog (sorry, I forget which off hand). thorne
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    If you want help, we need to know what you tried and what the results were. thorne
  5.    #5  
    I searched the palm app catalog for preware and it said no results found??? I am making no progress?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
  7.    #8  
    Okay so Preware is a place where you can get..."not offical yet"... palm apps? So the apps that are still being developed for complete buglessness and they wont hurt my pre plus except for maybe slowing it down with some bugs that are still being squashed out.?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    PreWare is both production and beta apps. It depends on which feeds you use. One reason we have PreWare is that getting apps into App Catalog is a pain and App Catalog doesn't do patches and other goodies that are not registered, bonafide apps. thorne
    Download Preware as instructed. But before you download Preware, get WebOs Quick Install (thats the only way you can download Preware anyway lol). Then enable development mode on your Palm Pre "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart". Type that into your home screen. Then click the down arrow on quick install and in the upper tab, click all and you'll see Preware and Package manager, check both of them.
    There IS a way to install Preware without WebOS QI but it has already been discussed in these forums.

Personally, I would promote installing WebOS QI and WebOS Doctor as *must have* software for your PC regardless... They will give you a way "back" when all else fails.

If you can afford it, you really should consider making a donation to the authors of anything you keep/use to promote their continued support. JMHO

Oh yeah, an easier way to access the Developer Mode enable/disable the first time is simply type:
    webos20090606

When you type that last character the icon for the tool to enable it will pop up on your screen - tap it and use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    There IS a way to install Preware without WebOS QI but it has already been discussed in these forums.

Personally, I would promote installing WebOS QI and WebOS Doctor as *must have* software for your PC regardless... They will give you a way "back" when all else fails.

If you can afford it, you really should consider making a donation to the authors of anything you keep/use to promote their continued support. JMHO

Oh yeah, an easier way to access the Developer Mode enable/disable the first time is simply type:
    webos20090606

When you type that last character the icon for the tool to enable it will pop up on your screen - tap it and use it.
    Yes, you can install Preware through terminus on your phone but its very complicated.