1.    #1  
    Well, I tried to do my update on Virtual Keyboard 1.4.1-1. I'm running OS 1.4.1.1 on verizon's pre plus. BUT when I tried to do the update to the newest Virtual Keyboard, # 1.4.2, it's not working, IPKG fail or whatever. Any ideas?
    i would uninstall, delete the keyboard folder in the root of your pre, update your feeds and reinstall.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by esc1 View Post
    i would uninstall, delete the keyboard folder in the USB portion of your pre, update your feeds and reinstall.
    +1

This should solve it.
    From what I can tell the only version available via Preware is just a placeholder for when the yet to be released next version of WebOS comes out. You'll have to use WebOS Quick Install to install version 1.4.1-1 (via Tools drop down menu, then Tweaks, then select Online Repository tab).
    Last edited by NachoB; 05/05/2010 at 12:36 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #5  
    Well shoot, that didn't work. :/ I uninstalled, did a LunaRestart, deleted the Virtual-Keyboard file off my USB Partition, and tried to reinstall. Totally didn't work :/ I think I may just install it using WOSQI and not bother with the Preware version until later. Anyone successfully update?
    The same thing happened to me, and I installed the placeholder by mistake. I deleted everything and went back to WEBQI. Now I'm back to having the virtual-keyboard again.
    no idea... i remember over and over and over again i would get on pre ware to download the virtual keyboard and it would tell me something bout the ipk and i just tried installing it now and it went through...
    yeah I had the same thing described in this thread happen to me. Its kinda annoying that they would let a completely broken, unreliable download into the feed... A litte dissapointed, cause now I gotta wait till I get home to install it after work.

:'(
    Yep, happened to me as well. Turned on preware, saw the update for vk, pressed update and bam.... No vk.

Don't get me wrong. I do love homebrew and patches and am not upset. It was just kind of funny.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm having kind of a different problem -- I had a failed install of the keyboard. I had to close Preware and then restart the device, but then Preware reported that the keyboard /was/ installed... but it doesn't work.

So then I uninstall with Preware, reboot device (since Luna doesn't seem to restart on its own at the moment), and try again... same issue.

The download/install seems to error out on a "w.png". I'll get the full error message in a bit when I can.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    My Pre Plus seems to be stalling out at:

"downloading / Installing Installing file /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/.themes/remix_glossy/w.png"

I can just let it sit here and sit here and sit here...
    Remember,your Pre already has a keyboard!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I know, I know. I like the keyboard, too. Sometimes it would just be nice to have.

Also, because it's not working I must find the fix... It's mostly because it's not working, heh.
    i just downloaded it on my sprint pre.. it works flawlessly
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i just downloaded it on my sprint pre.. it works flawlessly
    Strange... I wonder what I've done to break it...
    have you tried deleting it with wosqi on your computer, and then reinstalling it with wosqi