1.    #1  
    I probably should have waited a month or two to see what comes of the C40, but i'm an impatient person

1.) I'll generally charge the phone overnight, so the battery will be fully charged several hours before I wake up. Is it ok to leave the phone charging for an extended period of time when the battery is fully charged?

2.) I've installed several patches and homebrew apps already. Will I need to removed these temporarily before I apply any official updates?

3.) installing cpu scalers, etc. has a drastic hit on battery life, correct?

Thanks for the help!
    I leave my phone on the touchstone overnight and all is well. Patches and apps don't need to be removed, though some people do it to be safe. Themes need to go. As for cpu scalers, I haven't touched them, so can't speak to it...
    1) It's ok to leave your phone on the charger for extended periods, your Pre is programmed to stop charging when at full charge.

2) It is ok to leave patches and applications on when updating the OS, but you should remove themes.

3) I installed the Uber patch with the Govnah app and battery life is fine.
    Leaving the pre charging is ok.

AUPT makes it so you don't have to remove patches to update

CPU scalers such as Super PreKernel (I've been using it since it came out) don't effect the battery muh if not at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown91 View Post
    I probably should have waited a month or two to see what comes of the C40, but i'm an impatient person

1.) I'll generally charge the phone overnight, so the battery will be fully charged several hours before I wake up. Is it ok to leave the phone charging for an extended period of time when the battery is fully charged?

2.) I've installed several patches and homebrew apps already. Will I need to removed these temporarily before I apply any official updates?

3.) installing cpu scalers, etc. has a drastic hit on battery life, correct?

Thanks for the help!
    1) No. It is not good at all for the battery. To shorten my lecture, when a phone is fully charged and you continue to charge it, it will kill cells in the battery and it will shorten the life of the phone. How much it will shorten depends on how often you do it; however, I do leave my phone on the charger overnight as well sometimes since I do need it for the morning, but I make sure I drain it to 40% and then I put it on the charger.

2) I don't believe you have to remove them anymore. I honestly forgot. If someone can confirm this, please do.

3) Yes. I personally uninstalled my overclock patches and am VERY happy with the speed of the Pre now. I must say, there is a timings patch in Preware that has definitely helped with Pandora's speed.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the help on points 2+3, however who is correct on point number one? Reign25 or the others? I was always under the impression that charging a full battery was a bad idea.

ColbyM, what is AUPT?
    Thanks for the help on points 2+3, however who is correct on point number one? Reign25 or the others? I was always under the impression that charging a full battery was a bad idea.
    At a 100% charge level, a typical Li-ion laptop battery that is full most of the time at 25 C or 77 F will irreversibly lose approximately 20% capacity per year. However, a battery in a poorly ventilated laptop may be subject to prolonged exposure to higher temperatures, which will shorten its life. Different storage temperatures produce different loss results: 6% loss at 0 C (32 F), 20% at 25 C (77 F), and 35% at 40 C (104 F). When stored at 40%60% charge level, the capacity loss is reduced to 2%, 4%, 15% at 0, 25 and 40 degrees Celsius respectively.
    sited from wikipedia

Lithium Ion Batteries (Li-Ion)
    Lithium Ion Batteries (Li-Ion) batteries will lose effectiveness if they are overcharged or left in full charge without use. For example, if you rarely use the battery and keep the laptop plugged in, the battery will lose effectiveness. There can also be problems if the battery is fully charged and then not used, then charged again.
    cited from BC's website. Tips for Longer Laptop Battery Life - Technology Help - Boston College

ColbyM, what is AUPT?
    AUPT means auto update patch technology.
    Not sure if it continues to "charge" once it's fully charged, but this info is straight out of the manual:

Charge your phone whenever you can. Charge it overnight. The battery
    has a much longer useful life when it is topped off frequently than when it
    is charged after it is fully drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    Not sure if it continues to "charge" once it's fully charged, but this info is straight out of the manual:
    That bottom quote is very true, BUT it is saying that it is better to leave it fully charged than to let it discharge completely and charge it again. Doing the latter kills many more cells in the phone than when you are leaving it charged.

The optimal range for a Lithium-Ion battery (what the Pre has) is between 40-60%