1.    #1  
    It's really hard to type on the pre lying on ones back (like when in bed), and holding it above you with your arms in the air. It keeps falling down out of my hands, because it's so top heavy.

Am I alone, or do some of you have a solution?
    I do it all the time.
    I keep mine on my chest and look down at it
    No problems here.
  5. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I used to do that with the Treo. But I dropped it on my face too many times so I stopped.
    Reminds me of my experiences with the Treo 680. Glad to hear Palm hasn't changed at all in 2 years as I think about hopping back.
    Sit up. j/k

Yeah, it is tricky because of the top-heavy design.
    You have to McGuyver it.

With some chewing gum and a string, hang it from the ceiling to a height ur comfortable with.
    That should solve that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by elessarelfstar View Post
    It's really hard to type on the pre lying on ones back (like when in bed), and holding it above you with your arms in the air. It keeps falling down out of my hands, because it's so top heavy.

For this situation and that I'm right-handed, I hold my Pre in my left-hand with the left index finger and thumb shaped like an "L" braced along the front-side, lower-left corner edges of the Pre. The rest of the the fingers should naturally curl behind the Pre's lower-half backside fitting quite snug.

Since hands sizes vary per person, finger placement and balancing might be tricky..., but the Pre should feel quite secure and comfortable once the perfect position is found. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I hold it in my right hand and just use right thumb to type.

i had that problem when i first got it. i learned to use run my two pointer fingers along the sides of the phone to brace it at the top. it's quite comfy actually

No offense, but how much time does one actually spend typing while lying on their back? I just tried this while sitting at my desk and can see what you mean about it being tricky w/ the top heavy nature of the device, but I'm pretty sure Palm engineers overlooked the aspect of people typing while lying on their backs.
  13.    #13  
    At the end of the day I usually use it in bed for a couple of minutes before I go to sleep. I had a Sprint Hero before this phone, and it was fine because you don't have to put any pressure on the keyboard to type. Then I moved to the Pixi and it was pretty easy too. My Pixi broke, and Sprint sent me a Pre as a replacement, which I was ok with because I was tired of the sluggishness of the Pixi (800mhz OC helps too). The Pre is definitely more difficult to do this with.

Not a big deal, just wondering if others have had the same experience.