Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great idea.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Brilliant idea! I'm on it.
    This is great, got to go to an o2 store tomorrow so will be doing this to their pre and possibly put a reocurring alarm on the iphone to say the pre is better.
    GREAT IDEA! But why limit "the movement" to only VZ Stores? Lets all go to all the VZ stores AND Sprint Stores and do something simiar. At least the Precenter wallpaper idea. That is nothing short of brilliant!

Maybe the custom Alarm message for Sprint, could be "You have the best plans, now SELL people the BEST PHONE"!

I have time on my hands, Im gonna sooo do this today, to every store I can find in a 20 mile radius!

Thanks for a SUPER IDEA!!!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

be sure you get the number of the phones so you cam send it text messages throughout the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    be sure you get the number of the phones so you cam send it text messages throughout the day.
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HAHAHHA

YESSSSSSSS gonna do that TOO!!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

7.    #27  
    I love it I'm going to do it at every store
    I love it!!! I thought going in and creating bookmarks was a good idea (which I have done) but the alarm idea is perfect. I do like "snooping" when someone is looking @ other smart phones.... I like sliding in and changing the conversation to Palm Pre. lol One day I was @ the mall and spoke about the Pre to a guy at Verizon (before the Pre was on Verizon). And later that day I went to talk to a friend @ Sprint, AND THAT SAME GUY WAS THERE LOOKING AT THE PRE.... I thought YES I made him consider a Pre (found out a few days later he bought it). If we educate the masses many will buy a Pre, it IS a great phone!!
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Download waketube from the appcatalog and set it to open palmpre videos every morning ..

or

It would be nice if someone had time to set an alarm for every phone the day before for like 9am and go into the store that day and see the reaction on the employees face.
    Funny - maybe just as well to do the same on display iPhones etc - could be a movement, a world-wide phenomenum!
  11.    #31  
    yes
    Another thing you could do is create a calendar on google, with events every so often that say, "Buy me!" or "Go to PreCentral and learn about the Palm community" or other things like that. Then hook it up via synergy to the calendar.

You could then remotely add events to all the Pres that you hook up like this. Events that would cause an alert on the screen.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Everyone go to a Verizon Store. Set the Alarm to this Friday at 3pm (est) with the message: I am Palm, hear me roar!

Haha, now thats Viral Marketing! :-P
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    This is the funniest post I've read on these forums in a while. Kudos!
  15.    #35  
    thanks
    I LIKE YOUR WORK!!!

For the record, I started a thread today and the moderator had a problem with it. It was about the Pre and that i too felt that it was the best Smart phone of all time and space, but the Title of my thread was not to his liking, so i am going back and forth trying to figure out what happened to it. I didn't use any swear words, and never have problems on this site, and I will gladly change the title.

The moderator was milominderbinder and I can't seen to find out what happened to my post, which praised the Pre and was full of positivity. I want that post up and running and I don't know what he did with it. We went back and forth with PM's and I'm waiting for the third reply from him.

Dag Nabbit.
    Last edited by voltageROCK; 05/05/2010 at 03:12 PM.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    You could set a Web page to be the one where the Pre won the voting as best cell phone, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yeah, but the bigger risk of this is that they'll start talking back. I was in a Sprint store and playing with the HTC Hero when it first came out. So I sent myself a text to see how it worked. And then I replied to see how the notification looked. For MONTHS after that, I'd get random texts from that phone! Some of which were just plain vulgar.

Now if you did it from sprint.com or verizonwireless.com so that replies don't come back to you, then maybe. But otherwise, I'm thinking it's not such a good idea.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    good stuff man (P.S. im trying to get my 10 posts out of the way)
    To add to the op: Make sure to create at least 5 different alarms with spaced out time, and make it daily.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast