1.    #1  
    I've posted before about searching for various ways to push the speed of the Pre, but I would like to see if any of the experts in the forums (yea, there are some brilliant people here), have the benchmarks to measure the speed of the Pre.

I'm thinking there would be measurements like time to load a card, transition between cards .... I don't know. I'm not the expert.

But, here's what I'm thinking. I'd like to see some benchmarks created and then hold a competition to see who can trick-out / app-out / patch-out their Pre to determine who has the fastest Pre.

I think this would be a lot of fun and could even imagine a prize of some sorts - whether the title of Speed King or some $ for the App Gallery ... I don't know.

Like I say, this is just a rough concept for something fun, but also something that would also, in my opinion, be of interest for the forums and draw a crowd.

But I don't have the smarts or connections to get something like this started. I really just saw it as something cool for PreCentral (or a forum member) to take on to create a fun, friendly competition.

So, what say you? Is there something here worth pursuing?

Thanks all,
  2.    #2  
    ~Wow ... no takers, huh?
    don't think anyone is willing to bust their pre on this, everyone is happy with the current kernels, I certainly am.
  4.    #4  
    Yea, you're probably right. I'll let it go. Just a fun idea - no harm/no foul.
    It is a fun idea, but personal cost would be to high.