1.    #1  
    I have tried several times now to swipe delete 2 different threads. They disappear as I would expect them to, but when I re-open Messaging, it's there again! Like a bad penny! Does anyone know of this problem? I have never seen this before.

FYI - I just ran Doctor then reloaded my patches and a new theme. I sure don't want to go through that again.
    I think I heard that you have to delete that contact and only then will it be gone for good, then make a new contact for that person afterwards.
    Sux, i know.
    what version of WebOS are your running? this sounds like an issue from the earlier versions...
  4.    #4  
    yeah that does kinda suck. Weird thing is, one of those pesky threads is from Sprint. Some free text alert crap telling me about a Nascar thing. Not sure how I could delete that 'contact' but I'll try.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    what version of WebOS are your running? this sounds like an issue from the earlier versions...
    I'm running the latest version. 1.4.1

Edit:

Also, the patches I have that may effect this: SMS Tone per Contact, Repeat notification, and the theme (minimalist neon via prethemer)
    I had this problem a long time ago, pre-patches, and the only fix I found was to delete your contact then add them back. You may also look into changing the default profile attached to the contact, like from Gmail to Facebook and then back. Not sure if that works, but it's worth a shot.
    I had this problem a few weeks ago. Drove me crazy. I doctored and upgraded to 1.4.1.1 and the pit all my patches back on.

problem solved. I assume it was a conflict with a patch or theme.

I know that's not a huge help, but at least you know it's supposed to work even if it isn't working on yours. Might be time to visit the doctor.
    had that problem. No need to doctor.

delete/unistall all patches that have to with messaging. And then it should work again.
    If you have the "hold to open in new card" messaging patch, you should delete it. I had that same problem because of that patch.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I know that's not a huge help, but at least you know it's supposed to work even if it isn't working on yours. Might be time to visit the doctor.
    I actually just ran the doctor... I wanted to avoid all that again... but I think I figured it out (see below)

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    If you have the "hold to open in new card" messaging patch, you should delete it. I had that same problem because of that patch.
    I forgot I just loaded that one for the first time! I will try deleting it. Thanks for mentioning that.

Also I just went to each thread I didn't want and swiped the individual messages and it was all gone. But that's really just a temporary fix.
    I'm pretty sure it's the "hold to open in new card" patch.

----
    Yes it worked. That was it. As I removed it, I noticed the developer says in the description that it's been buggy since update v1.3.5 or something. Hopefully this thread will help out anyone else who runs into this problem. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
    Last edited by photopearl9; 05/05/2010 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Update: