Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    Is this a Sprint only thing that happens?

I'm on Verizon... web browsing, messaging, gaming... the only time I reboot after an installation is if it tells me I need to reboot after an installation.

I've never had the "tmc" error before.

??
    As far as I know, it's only an issue on Sprint. Pre + has twice the RAM and has no problem... Again, as far as I know. Haven't heard of any issues on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    I still get them. noticed it when i started buying all these 3d games on sale
    This is when it started for me also, right after I downloaded one of those early 3d demos.
    I never get the TMC error on my Sprint Pre but I do not play 3D games, but it makes sense if you play 3D games that require lots of RAM there is a good chance you will get the TMC error with 256 megs of ram if you do not reboot your Sprint Pre before playing.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Still getting them, but way less frequently.
    I run jstop when it happens (not automatic garbage collection).
    Funny thing is that last time it happened, the TMC error wouldn't let me start jstop
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    Is this a Sprint only thing that happens?

I'm on Verizon...
    ??
    More to do with the Pre vs the Pre Plus than Sprint vs Verizon. (Sprint people have the regular Pre, Verizon people have the Pre Plus). The extra memory helps quite a bit, I've been told.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I haven't seen it in ages. I think the proliferation of TMC was a 1.3.x-specific bug.

That is, wait, I have seen it recently. The Family Guy game gives me a TMC more than half the time I'm trying to start it. I guess it can still crop up in the case of shoddily coded apps... here's hoping the devs clear that up soon. I can have five cards open and still run Dungeon Hunter or NFSU, for example - but Family Guy will give a TMC even if no other apps are open.
    I rarely get it only when i play Hero of Sparta
    3D Games and/or 2 or more brower windows open for more then 5 mins = TMC fail
    i tell u the truth ever since i been over clocking ive been doing something i havent been able to do before, text, email and a 3d game,,,,i barley get it, and when i mean barley , i get it then i just close an app and thats it, back and running again, i use to have to reboot my pre, all the time but no more,,,, i dont even remember when was the last time i had that
    overclock, and run garbage collectors before 3d games.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    overclock, and run garbage collectors before 3d games.
    it's the only way to keep them at bay.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Best way to avoid getting crabs?

Shave your balls and stop screwing hookers.
    Haven't had TMC since installing JStop awhile ago, even when google maps, calemder, and several web pages open on my Pixi - not a plus either
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12