1.    #1  
    Can the Palm Pre connect to my automobile sound system through blue tooth?
    Does you car have bluetooth capabilities? If it does, it should work.

I don't have bluetooth in my car, so I just use the external jack to plug into my old cassette deck in the car (with a audio cassette adapter) and it works perfectly.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

3.    #3  
    My car has bluetooth - I can easily connect for the telephone; but not the music system.
    Sounds strange, unless your car doesn't support it.

I can don' have bluetooth in my car as I said, but I do have a bluetooth stereo headset, so the Pre does support stereo.

And I remember people talking about hooking up to a BMW (if that is correct car brand) that I think people were talking about.

Try doing a search on it.

If not, maybe put the question on Palm support site itself.

But if you just posted this question and I was the first to answer, give it time for others to read and possibly answer as well.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I have an Eclipse radio and had some issue in earlier webOS versions, but it has worked great for me ever since 1.3.5.1.. However, I have found that it is best to pair the Audio sound first, then try to connect the to Phone Bluetooth. That always seems to work for me. If i try to connect the Phone first, then I can't connect the Audio after that
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I have an Eclipse radio and had some issue in earlier webOS versions, but it has worked great for me ever since 1.3.5.1.. However, I have found that it is best to pair the Audio sound first, then try to connect the to Phone Bluetooth. That always seems to work for me. If i try to connect the Phone first, then I can't connect the Audio after that
    What model and did you get the phone book to transfer?

Sorry to threadjack.

Back on topic, if you can provide more info on what equipment you will be connecting to this may help us help you. Links are really helpful, but model numbers help as well. If you can add the model number to the title of the thread is may help get more hits as well.

Hope that helps.
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by esk7brown View Post
    My car has bluetooth - I can easily connect for the telephone; but not the music system.
    Be sure to check your car's manual....Depending on the car, it may only have phone bluetooth capabilities, and not A2DP for music...It depends on your car - the Pre can do it if your car can...
    I have the CD5030 and it works well, except for 2 things:
    1) I have NOT been able to get my phonebook to transfer
    2) I usually have to reconnect manually every time i turn the car on. annoying, but it still works great!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I'm not sure you will be able to get the phone book via bluetooth?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I have the CD5030 and it works well, except for 2 things:
    1) I have NOT been able to get my phonebook to transfer
    2) I usually have to reconnect manually every time i turn the car on. annoying, but it still works great!
    Phonebook transfer doesn't work with all cars. For example, I know (at least certain) Lexus cars WITH the navigation package can transfer the phonebook, while others WITHOUT the navigation package canNOT, yet bluetooth music and phone will work whether or not one has the navigation package. I don't know why this is, but it is what it is