Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I know we don't have access to iTunes, but is there some straightforward way of getting TV shows or movies onto the Pre Plus? I'm taking a couple of big trips and it would nice to have something besides games to pass the time on planes and in the airports. Is the Pre Plus even capable of the this?
    Just download the movies/tv shows in .mp4 format and load them onto the pre in usb mode
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Just download the movies/tv shows in .mp4 format and load them onto the pre in usb mode
    Can you suggest a good site for doing that?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I use xilisoft and convert movies to MP4. My daughter has a PSP and it's all the same format. It's actually really easy to convert movies to watch on the Pre
    I use a product called Pocket DVD Wizard to convert DVD to a format for WebOS. Then just copy the files over via USB. There are some free converters out there but this was good and cheap enough.

Here is the link:

Pocket DVD Wizard - Convert DVD & Video files for your handheld device

And you can copy any video file you want that why, no need to use iTunes.

If you like Podcasts, you can get 'drpodder' and download your video podcasts shows directly to the Pre (WebOS).

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

6. ct1
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Handbrake
    Anydvd
    CloneDVDmobile
    total video converter free edition
    handbrake with ipod touch profile

fastest encoder I've ever used because of it's multi-threaded support
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Well...the movies take up alot of space on my Sprint Pre. I only have 8 gigs anyways.
    B-Rod1022 likes this.
    DVD Catalyst (Free version).

Put the DVD in your PC, start the software, select "iPod/iPhone" output, move the slider to the desired file size, click GO. It creates an .mp4 file ready for transfer to your Pre. It's the simplest thing I've used to make mobile versions of my DVDs.

And if you use Ampache Mobile, you can simply change those .mp4 extensions to .m4v and stream them directly from your home PC.
    Handbrake FTW! Too easy. Use the Itouch setting (right side window pane). Everything else can be left at default settings.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I use TMPGenc, so I can cut the shows into timed segments matching my subway ride.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Well...i cant wait till softwares are being optimized for "Palm Pre" or whatever it will be called then. And also, websites!..I know this is out of topic, but his questions has being answered already anyway.
  14.    #14  
    how much space could i expect an average movie to take up?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    how much space could i expect an average movie to take up?
    3 or more gigs...
    Depends on your bitrate setting, resolution and audio quality. General rule, higher bitrate better quality but larger file.

I create iPod video compatible MP4s that are variable bitrate (637-4608kbps) at 480x272, with AAC audio at 64kbps, a 21 min clip is 109MB. Works well with the Pre.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    one of the easiest and best ways to get video on your Palm Pre is by using doubletwist (Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3) It will automatically convert any video to the Palm Pre format and download it to your phone similarly to iTunes. I find it is very easy to use - especially if you're used to iTunes.
    Can I ask.. how big is the file form a typical feature length film? I would love to do that but am wondering if I have enough memory after apps, music and photos. Are they huge files?
    700MB if its good quality. Atleast thats the case with all my movies. I'm sure you could compress it down to like 200MB, but I prefer quality over quantity.
    Does double twist work with digital copies of movies? I have several on iTunes and have tried to put a few on the Pre using double twist and I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast