Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Where do I find out how much of the 5 GB I've used up so far?
    I'm not sure if you CAN do that through Verizon. I do know that there's an app (I forget the name right now) that can track all data usage from your phone for you.
    Just call #DATA and you will get a text back.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'll have to look, but I have seen a place on verizonwireless.com that you can check it... I'll post back when I find it...
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Found it... log into verizonwireless.com. Where you're phones at, there is a tab with usage to the right. Click on data usage. It'll show your internet useage from the phone. If you click on view usage, it'll show more info. At the bottom, it says "Domestic
    Mobile Broadband Connect
    Data Used " That is your usage using the hot spot...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    Found it... log into verizonwireless.com. Where you're phones at, there is a tab with usage to the right. Click on data usage. It'll show your internet useage from the phone. If you click on view usage, it'll show more info. At the bottom, it says "Domestic
    Mobile Broadband Connect
    Data Used " That is your usage using the hot spot...
    Thanks, I wish the Mobile Hotspot app integrated the info into it
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Actually, that wasn't it. I think it's showing data I've used though the phone and not the Hotspot..
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Actually, that wasn't it. I think it's showing data I've used though the phone and not the Hotspot..
    Right below where it shows my phone useage is another block that shows mobile broadband connect. Right now it's showing 0 because I haven't used the phone as a hot spot this month. Last month it showed usage when I used the hot spot...

The box in red is hot spot usage. The part above it is phone internet usage
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    We have 5 GB allowance right?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    We have 5 GB allowance right?
    yep
    What do you mean we have a 5GB allowance? Doesn't "Unlimited" mean unlimited?
    Where do I find out how much of the 5 GB I've used up so far?
    o to verizonwireless.com and sin up for my verizon. You can manage ur entkre account from there.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    What do you mean we have a 5GB allowance? Doesn't "Unlimited" mean unlimited?
    You have unlimited internet access if you browse the internet from your phone. If you use your phone as a mobile hotspot, you're limited to 5GB. If you got over that, it costs an arm and a leg.
    From my verizon account:
    1,163,327.12 of Unlimited data used.
    From the detailed data use screen:
    Domestic Data Used
    1,163,327.12 Kilobytes Used
    Estimate as of 05/03/10 3:13 PM

Monthly Allowance: Unlimited
    Cycle ends 06/03/10
    Usage Type My Usage Allowance
    Kilobytes 1,163,327.12KB Unlimited
    View Data Details

View Data Usage in Megabytes / Gigabytes
    Data UsageClose
    Data Usage
    ( 05/04 - 05/04 )
    For your reference, your data usage is also shown in
    Megabytes.
    In Kilobytes
    1,163,328 KB

In Megabytes*
    1,137 MB

In Gigabytes*
    2 GB

* Rounded up

Domestic
    Mobile Broadband Connect
    Data Used
    Usage Type My Usage
    Kilobytes 0.00KB Megabytes 2370.816MB
    OK, found the limit in terms and service:
    3G Mobile Hotspot

Take Your Wi-Fi hotspot with you!

3G Mobile Hotspot allows you to share your compatible Smartphone’s 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices, including notebooks, netbooks, MP3 players, cameras, PDAs, portable gaming systems and more.
    Includes 5GB of data access for high-speed wireless Internet access!

Any usage above the 5 GB monthly allowance will be billed at a per-MB rate. This feature is separate from your smartphone data feature. Please contact your account representative or log into your account through Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless, select "add a feature" and add the "3G Mobile Hotspot" feature. When your smartphone is connected using 3G Mobile Hotspot, all data sent or received by your smartphone (including data sent or received by any Wi-Fi devices connected to it, or by your smartphone itself) will be billed according to your 3G Mobile Hotspot feature, and not according to your smartphone data feature.
    So, if I guess right, I have used 1,163,327.12KB of my 5 GB allowance and 2370.816MB of my unlimited data for mobile broadband.

Yes?
    FYI, my sprint data usage for last month:
    Sprint Data Unlimited 18,912,195
    Yes, I do spend nearly 24/7 online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Yes, I do spend nearly 24/7 online.
    So, is this done just through the phone or via tethering?
    How long does it take for the website to update? I want to see my usage after a night on facebook on my laptop. My phone's data usage updates, but the 3G doesn't appear to. Does anyone has an idea on the delay? Thanks. Site is great!
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    You have unlimited internet access if you browse the internet from your phone. If you use your phone as a mobile hotspot, you're limited to 5GB. If you got over that, it costs an arm and a leg.

When you go over the 5GB allowance you will be charged $.05 per MB from that point on. Not as bad as before.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    How long does it take for the website to update? I want to see my usage after a night on facebook on my laptop. My phone's data usage updates, but the 3G doesn't appear to. Does anyone has an idea on the delay? Thanks. Site is great!
    It's very inconsistent. Seems anywhere from 12 to 24 hours, sometimes longer.