Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi, so I wanted a virtual keyboard and I learned that I had to get preware. So I went on youtube and follwed every direction and downloaded WEB OS QUICK INSTALL but everytime I saved it or opened it it when to WINRAR and I couldn't download it. I need like step by step answer to get around this please!
    Right click on the file...open with...java platform SE binary.
    At some point in the past I changed the default program for .JAR files and couldn't get it to work again even after setting it back to the right thing.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    how it says i have an error cause it says i need webdoctor and i have verizon wrieless but the choices were sprint bell mobility dont care using an emulator i click sprint and it said "Java.io.File Not Found/palm pre(then a bunch of other stuff)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Now, i've gotten it working but there is no Blue Arrow...
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    make sure you have the most recent version of WEBOSQI (3.12)

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-12-a.html
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ive downloaded every possible one and now i have it and when i go to options of quick install the option button or selection wont work. i'm honestly at my whitts end. can anyone tell me how to get preware without quick install or SOMETHING AH!
    You need quick instal.
    So you have downloaded wosqi 3.12?
    downloaded webosdoctor.jar, correct version?
    have qi and doctor in same folder?
    put your phone in developer mode and plugged it in via usb?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    same folder? and I have the right versions and I download webosdoctor but every time it gets too 100% it stops working. and yes my phone is in developer mode.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    and the options button doesnt work so i cant download novacom
    You have restarted your computer after dowloading all of these?
    What do you mean 'download webosdoctor but every time it gets too 100% it stops working' ?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    you have to install novacom, which webosdoctor can do. Make sure your phone is NOT connected to your pc then run webosdoctor. It should install novacom and then when it asks you to plug in your phone, just close the program. Reboot your pc, then plug in your phone and try to run WEBOSQI again.
    You should only have to download Webdr one time.

Create a folder on your desktop.
    Place both WebSO Quick Install and Webdr in that newly created folder.

Now try it (leave Webdr alone, you should ONLY be using WebOS Quick Install)

Also, make sure that you're doing this from a non-corporate firewall PC (do it at home, not from work). Corporate firewalls block the internet connections needed for WebOS Quick Install to work properly.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!