1.    #1  
    So tomorrow is the 30th day of my Pre Plus owner which I no longer get new replcements and can't switch either.

It's been full of high and lows but the lows are ones that are very common with the Veizon Pre Plus.

The Bad:
    4th Replacement
    GPS Still SUCKS
    Battery Life
    No decent virtual keyboard (Palm needs to include one)
    Delay in Updates
    Camera is lacking settings

As you can see most of the issues are very common and most can be fixed via software updates.

The Good:
    WebOS
    Hardware keyboard (after update)
    Form factor
    Touchstone Chargers
    Gesture Area
    MOBILE HOTSPOT FOR FREE!!!

and last but definitely not least....

The PreCrentral community and amazing homebrew support. If it wasn't for homebrew I would have ended up waiting for the Froid Incredible
    sounds bout rite.. You missed the R.in impressions
    were any of the replacements because of the keyboard?
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    So tomorrow is the 30th day of my Pre Plus owner which I no longer get new replcements and can't switch either.

It's been full of high and lows but the lows are ones that are very common with the Veizon Pre Plus.

The Bad:
    4th Replacement
    GPS Still SUCKS
    Battery Life
    Delay in Updates

As you can see most of the issues are very common and most can be fixed via software updates.

The Good:
    WebOS
    Form factor
    Touchstone Chargers
    Gesture Area

The PreCrentral community and amazing homebrew support. If it wasn't for homebrew I would have ended up waiting for the Froid Incredible
    wow, after 4th replacement within 1 month and you are sticking with Pre Plus? That's scarey.

From the good part, I will give you WebOS, it's cool.
    Keyboard, well other phone has it too. In fact, I am getting very annoying since it's too small for me. I have to use my nail to type it.
    Form Factor, it's nice. But that stupid USB door kind of ruines it all.
    I have no idea what's so cool about Gesture Area.
    Mobile Hotspot, I don't want to compare with other phone but my co worker's Droid can do that samething, which I found out today. And he gets faster connection with his Ipad than my Pre hotspot. something definately wrong with our hotspot with Ipad and itouch.

Anyway, best of luck to you. For me I still got like 10 days to decide rather I will give up my phone. So far, I have many issues and I couldn't find any solution yet.
  5.    #5  
    All of the replacements were due to the keyboard before the update.
    Still on my first Pre+, and see nothing wrong with the hardware. The software issues with the keyboard were annoying, but it became clear too me rather quickly that it was primarily a software issue.

As to the micro USB cover, I've seen the same type of cover on several different phones from totally different companies (my friend's LG has the same style cover). I've also seen phones without any covers. Personally, I prefer having the cover to having dirt and grime get into the connector. My wife's 8530 Curve has no cover over the micro USB slot. Easiest way to pull the cover out is to slide the phone open, pull the cover, then slide it closed before hooking up the cable (more support for the connector from the bottom half of the phone). My cover has been on and off about 60-70 times since I've had the phone (mostly sideloading apps as I have a touchstone at home) and it's still in perfect shape.

Personally, I think the camera is one of the better phone cameras I have seen or used. It takes very good photos under good lighting. The video camera gets a lot of raves as I constantly use it to take videos of my 10 month old daughter and show them to others. My video camera on the Curve 8330 sucked, so I never used it. The photo camera wasn't worth much either.
  7.    #7  
    I just want to be able to adjust the color, hue, contrast, and brightness of the photos in te native photo app.
    thanks for the loyalty! we hate losing family

The Bad:
    4th Replacement
    GPS Still SUCKS
    Battery Life
    Delay in Updates

The Good:
    WebOS
    Form factor
    Touchstone Chargers
    Gesture Area

After 4 replacements your staying? That is definitely hardcore. After 1-2 most people would be done with a phone, especially when it's within the first month.
    The biggest headache I would have beyond the GPS issues is the oreo effect. Thank God I don't really have a problem with this, but having a slider come apart just through use seems to be something I shouldn't have to worry about with a high end smart phone.
  10.    #10  
    Haha I'm going today for my 5th replacement. I keep getting restarts when I unlock by opening the phonee and a Doctor foesnt help at all. And I'm going to say the GPS never works and when it does it's way off and see what they have to say about it.
    Haha I'm going today for my 5th replacement. I keep getting restarts when I unlock by opening the phonee and a Doctor foesnt help at all. And I'm going to say the GPS never works and when it does it's way off and see what they have to say about it.
    wow. Everytime I see this kind of message on the board, I am scared. I got 10 more days to decide rather I am staying with my Pre or not, everyday I am leading toward to return my Pre.

Sometime I feel like Pre owners are like those wifes who never abandone their abusive husband. They get beat up many times but their have a faith that their husband will change.

The Bad:
    4th Replacement
    GPS Still SUCKS
    Battery Life
    Delay in Updates

The Good:
    WebOS
    Form factor
    Touchstone Chargers
    Gesture Area

Pretty much of a nails post. With Palm finally dedicated to giving developers access to the Mic, and newly enhanced tools available to them soon, (if not already), the future should be pretty bright.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ok that last post was good! I am on my 3rd pre & 2nd touchstone & back!
    pre: 1. Screen wouldn't come back after call over. 2 bad bad static during calls in any mode. 3 my current one no oreo seems good! T.S. 1 stoped chargine palm sent whole new kit!2 on it now seems to give the on of thing onc eit charges to 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by savager View Post
    wow. Everytime I see this kind of message on the board, I am scared. I got 10 more days to decide rather I am staying with my Pre or not, everyday I am leading toward to return my Pre.

Sometime I feel like Pre owners are like those wifes who never abandone their abusive husband. They get beat up many times but their have a faith that their husband will change.

If you feel uncomfortable, return it. But, before you do, check out the forums for other phones. You'll find a lot of issues with every phone. Why? A combination of Engineering stuffing 10lbs. of into a 1lb sack and the fact that forums tend to have a higher volume of complaint messages. There may be 1000 happy Pre/Pre+ owners for every unhappy one, but you're not going to get all those happy people coming to technical forums to say "I think my Pre is great!"

If you phone isn't giving you any troubles and you enjoy using it, then keep it. If you don't enjoy it and/or it's giving you troubles replace it with another or jump to another phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    If you feel uncomfortable, return it. But, before you do, check out the forums for other phones. You'll find a lot of issues with every phone. Why? A combination of Engineering stuffing 10lbs. of into a 1lb sack and the fact that forums tend to have a higher volume of complaint messages. There may be 1000 happy Pre/Pre+ owners for every unhappy one, but you're not going to get all those happy people coming to technical forums to say "I think my Pre is great!"

If you phone isn't giving you any troubles and you enjoy using it, then keep it. If you don't enjoy it and/or it's giving you troubles replace it with another or jump to another phone.
    I totally understand. I have owned other deviced and everytime i go to their forum, I see alot of complaint, because only those who has issue seems to post alot.
    This is the reason why I decided to buy Pre without worrrying too much. Within 2 weeks of ownership, I have countless crashes and I have exchanged to new one. Still have so much issues and not enough answer on the web, even here so call one of the best community.

So yeah, it's my experience and I will probably going to return it. It has charm of being it's not Iphone but it gets old and gets old really fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by savager View Post
    I totally understand. I have owned other deviced and everytime i go to their forum, I see alot of complaint, because only those who has issue seems to post alot.
    This is the reason why I decided to buy Pre without worrrying too much. Within 2 weeks of ownership, I have countless crashes and I have exchanged to new one. Still have so much issues and not enough answer on the web, even here so call one of the best community.

So yeah, it's my experience and I will probably going to return it. It has charm of being it's not Iphone but it gets old and gets old really fast.
    I'm curious about your "constant crashes" comment. I have had no crashes, and the 3 or 4 restarts I had were when I was messing around with different kernels and patches (one of them screwed up a couple of files that I had to Doctor back to health). My phone has several dozen patches on it right now and hasn't crashed. Could it be that one of the apps you are using is flaky? This is not a normal occurrence for most users of this phone, just generally with people who "tweak" their phones a lot.