1.    #1  
    I recently updated my phone to WebOs 1.4.1.1 (Verizon). This fixed my keyboard issues for a time, but they returned and now I can not access universal search. My only homebrew app is the Super Pre Kernel, which had previously worked very well (still not sure its the cause). I can't even un-install because I can't get my phone back into developer mode for WebOS Quickinstall to recognize it.

Any suggestions?
    If you can get into preware, just download the devmode patch that lets you toggle it on/off via the launcher.
  3.    #3  
    Only WebOS QuickInstall.
    You can install preware from Quick Install.

*edit* nevermind, ya need Devmode to be able to install preware from Quick Install, I think.
  5.    #5  
    yeah, I can't even get quickinstall to recognize my device without being in devmode.
    So typing either of the Devmode codes into the keyboard does nothing?

webos20090606 or upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

??
    Are you typing the code correct? Upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart , make sure you type it correctly.
  8.    #8  
    yes, neither code works. I'm assuming its the same problem that is crippling the universal search from launching...
    it looks like you may have to visit the doctor...
  10.    #10  
    which I have no problem doing, but how do I do that if I can't get WebOS QuickInstall to recognize my device?
    You don't need have that Dev Mode on to doctor. Power down your phone, then after it is off, hold down the 'up' volume key and while holding that power up your phone. It will put it into USB mode, from there plug it into your computer and run the doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    it looks like you may have to visit the doctor...
    And stop using SuperPreKernel and start using Uber-kernel, if you want the 1.4.1.1 kernel. That will fix any double-typing errors. SuperPreKernel uses the 1.4 kernel.
    While QuickInstall requires that you have the Doctor in the same folder in order to work, I don't think the reverse is the same, i.e. you can run the Doctor by itself. Just hook up and go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    While QuickInstall requires that you have the Doctor in the same folder in order to work, I don't think the reverse is the same, i.e. you can run the Doctor by itself. Just hook up and go.
    Yes, you don't need any other software to doctor the phone, besides webos doctor. Find it here...

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

(Palm's website has it as well)
  15.    #15  
    Thanks scorpian and fastam. Had to Doctor, but I'm back up and running now. That volume up technique was exactly the thing I was looking for. I'll consider using uberkernel but as there is supposedly another webos update in the pipeline, I'll probably wait for that before I install a new kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Thanks scorpian and fastam. Had to Doctor, but I'm back up and running now. That volume up technique was exactly the thing I was looking for. I'll consider using uberkernel but as there is supposedly another webos update in the pipeline, I'll probably wait for that before I install a new kernel.
    FWIW you can install Uber-Kernel and leave it.. if there is an update it is safe to have installed, and the update will override the kernel, and leave a placeholder on your phone so when an update rolls out (uberkernel) you'll be made aware of that. It uses the same technique as patches do - AUPT.

See this thread for some info right from the developer...
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2395143

Also, if I were you I'd just leave developer mode on. I've never turned mine off since webos 1.0.3 Some people will say that people could install files on your phone, but they would need physical access to that phone to install anything. If someone was able to grab your phone, load something onto it, then it is a sure bet they also know how to turn Dev mode on anyways. I leave it on just in case - like in your situation - you need to fix something.

But glad to see you are back up and running! Nice having a phone that you can 'fix' easy without any issues!