Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got my Pre (first one) on launch day. In just a few minutes I'm going to pick up my 5th Pre (have had a lot of hardware problems).

I'm just curious if anyone out there has me beat on the number of times they've had to get a replacement Pre.
    We have still have 2 launch month Pres in our family, still going strong.
    I beat you, I only had to get 0 replacements lol I dont think having more replacements is being a winner lol
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I got lucky I'm still on my first and I got it a couple weeks after launch day. No oreo, but I do have a crack forming at the bottom right of the face. My wife on the other hand had to go through 2, but then ended up getting an exclaim and now a pixi.
    3rd. On the third day I got it, one per day.

This one has been rock solid ever since, only problem is it doesn't seem to like the 800MHz kernels. Only works with the 600MHz patch.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm on my 9th and I've always taken good care of each one including keeping it in a case when I'm not using it and never dropping it. I still love it though and wouldn't trade it for any other phone including the upcoming EVO.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisott9628 View Post
    I'm on my 9th and I've always taken good care of each one including keeping it in a case when I'm not using it and never dropping it. I still love it though and wouldn't trade it for any other phone including the upcoming EVO.

Wow thats some loyalty there. Imagine yourself with a nextgen HPalm phone with good hardware. I don't think you'll be stopped!
    im on my 6th pre

Each time was a different hardware issue but my last 1 i drop in a bucket of water and they still replaced it for free
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    lol i almost didnt post but i figured might as well. . . i bought my first (sprint) pre on launch day, waited in line and everything, i am now on my 8th pre, ive had about every problem ive seen on here including ones i havent seen on here, case and point, i flew to orlando for a trip, i had problems with my pre before going so i exchanged it, luckily i didnt send away the bad one before i left and decided to take it as a spare battery type deal, well as soon as i landed in orlando i went to call the cab company and my screen would just absolutely not work and only a few of the keyboards buttons worked? luckily i was able to use a buddies phone to call and switch back to the "less broken" one. . . So ive had 8 lol
    This is my second Pre in 2 weeks.
    3rd Pre+. First had a dead usb port (I probably killed it by accidentally using a crappy old charger ).

2nd one was a brand new replacement but was replaced because of incredible keyboard problems.

Using the third, a refurb, and it's perfect as I would expect from anything sent as a warranty replacement.

The only keyboard issue I have is the "b" key tends to skip, but I'm pretty sure that is a function of my stubby thumbs, because I can always go back and click it again. The previous keyboard problems would often not let me add missing letters, and it would duplicate letters more than skipping.

If it turns out the "b" is hardware and not stubby thumbs, I will get another one. As longs as they don't charge me, I don't mind switching phones often. I probably had 5 or 6 centros in the 2-1/2 years I carried it waiting for WebOS on Verizon...
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Are all of you, who exchange your Pre's on the Sprint network? I'm theorizing that Sprint has all the old original stock they are trying to get rid of, which are obviously the bad hardware. Are customers on Verizon exchanging at the same rate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    Are all of you, who exchange your Pre's on the Sprint network? I'm theorizing that Sprint has all the old original stock they are trying to get rid of, which are obviously the bad hardware. Are customers on Verizon exchanging at the same rate?
    Bell. Think they are still giving out refurbs. Mine were new since they treated them DOAs, I was within the first 15 days.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    My so called "bad Sprint hardware" is working great, almost a year old. I never have babied this phone, either has my son with his original Pre.
    Sprint Launch day Pre, still hanging in there.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    I'm on my second Palm Pre. The first one lasted until a couple of months ago. The power button on that one broke. I currently have a little "oreo" and the power button is not clicking any more but still works.
    still on my original!!
    Got mine in September, 8 Months now and no problems.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  19. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Old topic.
    still on my first Pre and so is my girl since 6/16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast