1.    #1  
    Am I the only one that has to keep their nails long in order to type on the pre? It is some what frustrating because with the job I have there is a lot of meet and greet handshakes.
    nope, my stubby fingers work fine with no nailes at all...
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I do tend to type with my thumb nails, but I don't have to keep them what I consider long to do so.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Am I the only one that has to keep their nails long in order to type on the pre? It is some what frustrating because with the job I have there is a lot of meet and greet handshakes.
    Why are you clawing people in a handshake? Maybe make you hand a little more open when moving into the handshake and anticipate the release a little sooner.

How to Cut Your Fingernails and Toenails - wikiHow

How to Shake Hands - wikiHow

I don't have particularity long nails, but I may be compensating my bending my thumbs at steeper angles to the keys. Try trimming a nail down and pressing keys at a steeper angle to see if you can get use to it.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    For me, it's the opposite. I have no trouble typing with short nails, and I find it harder to use the touchscreen when my nails get too long.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    The steep angle technique works for me,
    either that or i have fingers like a 3 year old child.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    biting my fingernails has come in handy for me (and my mom said it was a bad habit) I have no problem typing thaks to that!
    I used to type with my nails but have gotten used to typing with the tips of my thumbs
    haha great post! I keep my fingernails a bit long but not excessively so. There's usually just a bit of white at the ends-- perfect for typing on the Pre but nobody in their right mind would call my nails long.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS