1.    #1  
    I looked for a thread like this, but the 'Search' feature doesn't seem to be working. Spent about 30 minutes looking for a thread, but that gets pretty tedious without search.

Anyway...

Every once in awhile my Pre locks up. The light still flashes when I get new emails, texts, etc. However - the Power button will not activate the screen. No matter how many times I try, it does nothing The only option is to pull the battery to restart.

Any ideas on why this happens, if this is fixable, or if I should just take the phone in for a refurb?
    In situations like that, its just a lag from 1.4.1, so you only have to press the power button once because if you press it twice,that will turn on and turn off the screen, so your best bet is to turn on the screen by pushing the button once and wait. This pretty much happens to everyone. Pressing the button alot of times doesnt help the issue, press it once, wait for a lil bit, if it doesnt come on, just press it again. Make sure your power button is snappy too, as in, make sure there's nothing wrong with the power button
    I've had this happen a couple of times. I see no rhyme or reason why it happens, but you really don't have to pull the battery. I just use the "Microsoft Solution To All Problems" -- just hit the Orange + Sym + R for a reboot, when your Pre restarts the screen is there.

(just a funny thing about this -- if you hit Orange + Sym + P while in this "mode" you will still get screen shots of what was running when your screen decided not to work, so your Pre still thinks the screen is working properly)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    In situations like that, its just a lag from 1.4.1, ...
    Not necessarily. While there is the problem you state (another thread is covering that right now too), I have seen the problem the OP is talking about. The screen appears to have completely died. Waiting for a while doesn't help.

The first time it happened to me I was on a long drive home and I could not get the screen to come back on. So, like you I thought it was that problem and just set the phone down to wait. I was surprised five minutes later when I received an incoming call. I still could not get the screen to come on, I was afraid the touch screen was dead and waited five hours until I got home and connected it to my computer (so I could back up the files via USB). Everything worked on the phone except the screen. I could even make calls by opening the keyboard and dialing the number that way. A simple reboot revives the screen.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for all the replies! I'll try the key combination next time. That's easier than pulling the battery.

It's strange that this started happening about 2-3 weeks ago and I've had this phone since the day it was released. It's quite the annoying little bug, tho.

Thanks again everyone.