1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm on my second Pre (not bad). The first replacement was because of a bad audio jack for the wired headset.

The second Pre I got had some Oreo effect, but I just lived with it.

Now after after all these months its actually falling off the rails. The two half's are actually coming apart.

I guess I have to make trip to Sprint, but I'm not sure if they will replace it at this point or make me go through the insurance plan.

If Palm is going to come out with a new phone soon, I might be able to last until then.

But if anyone can provide a link to a thread that can help me 'screw' down the two half's please let me know.

I know about some of the suggestions to help with the Oreo problem, but this is actually splitting apart.

And from what I read, even if you have an Oreo problem, the two half's should not be able to come apart?

Is there a screw loose? (OK, don't comment on that in any other way, LOL!)

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm on my second Pre (not bad). The first replacement was because of a bad audio jack for the wired headset.

The second Pre I got had some Oreo effect, but I just lived with it.

Now after after all these months its actually falling off the rails. The two half's are actually coming apart.

I guess I have to make trip to Sprint, but I'm not sure if they will replace it at this point or make me go through the insurance plan.

If Palm is going to come out with a new phone soon, I might be able to last until then.

But if anyone can provide a link to a thread that can help me 'screw' down the two half's please let me know.

I know about some of the suggestions to help with the Oreo problem, but this is actually splitting apart.

And from what I read, even if you have an Oreo problem, the two half's should not be able to come apart?

Is there a screw loose? (OK, don't comment on that in any other way, LOL!)

Thanks!

Rob
    Take it back they'll fix it or replace it for you. They did it for me last week. good luck!
    OP-
    Just do a search on "oreo fix" and you should be able to find some info.
    ?
    [QUOTE=GenericMusings;2421523][IMG]

lol
    lick the sweet stuff in the middle
    can you show pics?
    Honestly, I don't know why people post silly threads about an old defect issue that's solved by a replacement.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    ?
    So what are you trying to tell me.

That your not crying for me!

I never asked for you to cry for me, only provide some info if you've ever heard about the screws coming off the rails, which is exactly what happen.

And I just got back from Sprint, the fixed the phone, they did not replace it!

Which I am OK with, because I am just waiting for new hardware to come out.

And I don't need to spend 4 hours downloading apps again. I did that 3 times this month.

Rob

UPDATE: After I got the Sprint store, I realized I should have taken a picture for all to see. And just to document it so everyone else would see it and I could prove.

One of the screws actually fell out and was logged between the two half's and got so stuck that I was unable to even open the keyboard up. It was stuck in the side opposite the USB port. Originally it was loose and floating around but I guess from opening it up and sliding it closed it managed to get wedge in. I figured they just manged to pop the screw out and get it back into the rails. Maybe I should open it up and make sure they did put the screw back and not just popped it out. You know those mechanics, they always forgot to put all the screws back! LOL!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    So what are you trying to tell me.

That your not crying for me!

I never asked for you to cry for me, only provide some info if you've ever heard about the screws coming off the rails, which is exactly what happen.

And I just got back from Sprint, the fixed the phone, they did not replace it!

Which I am OK with, because I am just waiting for new hardware to come out.

And I don't need to spend 4 hours downloading apps again. I did that 3 times this month.

Rob

UPDATE: After I got the Sprint store, I realized I should have taken a picture for all to see. And just to document it so everyone else would see it and I could prove.

One of the screws actually fell out and was logged between the two half's and got so stuck that I was unable to even open the keyboard up. It was stuck in the side opposite the USB port. Originally it was loose and floating around but I guess from opening it up and sliding it closed it managed to get wedge in. I figured they just manged to pop the screw out and get it back into the rails. Maybe I should open it up and make sure they did put the screw back and not just popped it out. You know those mechanics, they always forgot to put all the screws back! LOL!

I think he was offering you milk with your oreo... Hopefully it'll hold up for you now...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    I think he was offering you milk with your oreo... Hopefully it'll hold up for you now...
    Ok, I get that now!

I wasn't allowed to eat Oreo's as a kid, so I did not make the connection but should have considering all the commercials lately!

It's funny, I guess it there was a picture of a real Oreo cookie just before his milk bottle, I would have gotten it, until you explained it to me.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic