1.    #1  
    Last night I doctored my phone for various reasons. The doctor was fine, I logged in, and it started downloading all my apps(a whole bunch). I went to sleep, and when I woke up, my pre decided to update to 1.4.1.1, and delete all of my apps! I'm talking about official app store apps, not homebrew too! I did happen to do back up my homebrew stuff as noted in the getting started thread. Can I just copy that stuff back? will it just show back up in the launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by eovnu87435ds View Post
    Last night I doctored my phone for various reasons. The doctor was fine, I logged in, and it started downloading all my apps(a whole bunch). I went to sleep, and when I woke up, my pre decided to update to 1.4.1.1, and delete all of my apps! I'm talking about official app store apps, not homebrew too! I did happen to do back up my homebrew stuff as noted in the getting started thread. Can I just copy that stuff back? will it just show back up in the launcher?
    Try using the universal search to see if any of the missing apps are really there but no icons showing up.

If they are there then it is a launcher patch issue. Most likely the named or tabbed pages patch.

Type Preware in the universal search and when you see the icon tap it. Then go to installed packages and remove the offending patch (from above). Your app icons should all return. Then if you want that patch back, remove all "launcher" patches and restart your pre. When it comes back you can add the offending patch FIRST, then do the Luna restart and add the rest of the launcher patches you had.

If this is not your scenario... try the partial erase in the device info reset options. That has fixed this type of problem before as well. It will simply reload your profile from Palm with all your app store info.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I am erasing my pre now... I had no patches related to the launcher at the time, and I could not find any of the apps through search. What's weird is that if I ran updates it would tell me I have applications that needed to be updated, but when I clicked the button to go to the app catalog, it said I had no applications installed!

I'll report back ASAP.

On another note, it looks like the palm app feed is down, anybody else see the same thing?